Originally Posted by mapper
Great info on the People's Plus. I knew about the rebranding, but always thought the company was more about distribution. I didn't realize they had stations that late. I'll do some digging and see what I can find to help.

I'd love to learn more about their history.

Thanks, mapper. Most of what I've been able to learn about their history I've got from newspapers dot com, a digitized newspaper archive you have to have a subscription to use. There's all kinds of surprises in some of Kunz Oil's newspaper ads. They sponsored a local WCCO radio show in 1931 called the "Best for the North Program." They boasted that they were the "Oldest and largest independent oil company of the Northwest."

If you're into the Minnesota stuff, it might also interest you that the original president/founder of Kunz Oil Company was also one time co-founder and President of Minneapolis Brewing Company which brewed Grain Belt Beer. Both Kunz Oil and Grain Belt (Minneapolis Brewing) have a history on Nicollet Island on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

Last edited by Sierra Tango Golf; Fri Mar 04 2022 09:52 AM.

Researching Kunz Oil Company 1964-1990 including images of their KO, K, and Peoples Plus branding and stations.