The POTM for July is Tokheim 39 Talls. There are numerous versions of this pump.

The Tokheim 39-ESP was produced between 1938 and 1958, and was a computer pump with a hanging hose.

The Tokheim 39-HR was produced between 1939 and 1958, and was a four add glass panel pump with a hose on a reel.

There was also another Tokheim 39-HR produced between 1948 to 1951, which was a two add glass panel pump with a hose reel and roller guards near the bottom.

The Tokheim 39-WNC-HR was produced between 1939 and 1958, and was a two add glass panel pump with a hose reel.

The Tokheim 39-WNC was produced between 1939 and 1958, and was a non-computing pump with two add glass panels and a hanging hose.

The Tokheim 39-SL was produced between 1939 and 1958, and was a two add glass panel pump, with a stationliter.

The Tokheim 39-TW was produced between 1939 and 1958, and was a Tidewater special pump, with four add glass panels. It also had a all glass globe.

I have also seen a Tokheim 39-VP with two and four add glass panels, and hanging hose. A Tokheim 39-WNC-VP, which was a non computing pump with four add glass panel, with hanging hose.

For the breakdown of the pump I will do the Tokheim 39-VP two and four add glass version.

I have seen two different bases for this pump. The upper base is cast and was used on the four add glass pump. The one on the bottom is steel and was used on the two add glass pump. Someone cut a piece out of this base on the upper right corner. The bases are 19" X 24".

The door latch assy. on the top is used on the cast base. The one on the bottom is used on the steel base. The pivot point goes on the side with the hose outlet.

[This message has been edited by gatorgaspumps (edited 07-20-2007).]