One day when I took my daughter to school on a 2-hr snow delay day in January, I decided to stop at an antique mall near her school. I've been in many times before and never found anything of significance. A lady asked me if she could help and I said, "Probably not, but I guess you could take my name and number in case you ever get any gas station related items since that's what I collect." A couple of Saturdays ago, I got a call and it was the lady from the antique mall. She said that a dealer had just brought in a Standard Oil sign and she wondered if I'd be interested in it. I asked her to describe it to me so I'd know if it was worth going and looking at. I was standing in my garage where I have a 30-inch Stanocola sign. I immediately realized that that was what she was describing. I then asked how much the dealer wanted for the sign, and I told her I would take it sight unseen. I jumped in my truck and drove over there as fast as I could thinking the whole way, "I hope no one comes in and finds out about the sign." I got to the mall and was surprised to see how great of condition the sign was in and even more surprised to see that it was an 18-inch, not a 30-inch sign. Just goes to show, even when you think it's useless to leave your name and number, you just never know.
I'm sure others out here have stories like this. Let's hear yours.

[This message has been edited by puregas (edited 04-14-2007).]

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.