If the pictures I am adding work you will see a shed I bought a few months ago and stripped for the unusual porcelain signs it was built out of.
A woman answered my shopper placed ad for Wadhams Oil Company items. Said she had two signs nailed to her shed. As we talked she mentioned there was about fifty service station signs all together! I then told her I better come and look the next day. It was a three hour drive and when I got there I was in for a surprise. The outside of the shed she led me to was a cruddy looking grey thing. But when we went inside I was greated with a building literally built out of porcelain signs. All the tin sheathing was actually signs.Instead of just buying the two that were Wadhams,I negotiated a deal on all 49 complete signs. She wanted enough money for new tin to match her other pole building and got an estimate. Thats what I paid. I made two trips to remove the signs.
The only signs that were cut were on the gable ends...the rest were mostly grade eight or better.
Has anybody seen these "Perfect Gasolines" signs before? They are identical to the "Wadhams Gasolines" signs. They date in the early and mid thirties.

[This message has been edited by Mr.Wadhams (edited 11-09-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mr.Wadhams (edited 11-09-2002).]

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items