1 hour ago
New find roday. Best of luck all!

Ebay item number : 273308880077

Hope the pic attached.
0 21 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Speedracer
Thank you Randy for the quickest response in Old Gas history that included a picture smile smile smile

Very kind of you.

Thanks again
-Steve

That's a beautiful picture from, I think, North Hollywood during the Eisenhower or Kennedy years. It's a few years before my time, but I've been interested in that era and its automotive culture ever since I cam acroos this article almost a year and a half ago about an East Coast phenomenom.

"For Giants fans, it's a lifelong commitment," Renstrom said. "Some would call it a sickness."

A sickness that actually made the Connecticut economy healthier on Sundays in the 1960s. Back then, home games were blacked out in local markets even if they were sold out. That meant people crossed the borders from New York to Connecticut to watch the Giants on what was then known as WTIC-TV, Channel 3, a CBS station.

It became a ritual for fans to visit bars in the New Haven area or rent motel rooms in Connecticut. The Yale Motor Inn in Wallingford was a popular spot, and some establishments offered special rates to lure fans from New York.

When the Giants-Packers NFL title game in 1962 was televised, fans from New York came as far north as the Berlin Turnpike to find motel rooms.
That game was on Channel 30, an NBC station. Because that signal did not carry as well as Channel 3, New Yorkers had to drive even farther into the state to watch the broadcast.

The blackout rule did not change until 1973, so the migration of fans from New York to Connecticut continued through the 1960s. Giants fans dominated the state.
9 309 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
1 hour ago
What does it look like ? Photo ? I may have one.
Dave
1 30 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Here is a all original Mobil Gas Pump I found in Montana. Includes the 2 original pump signs. $695 picked up near Austin, TX. I should be coming to Iowa Gas and will bring it if paid for. Thank you.

[Linked Image]
0 80 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Dang!
13 637 Read More
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
This is the one I have , dated and has original stammed base.
4 135 Read More
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Can you still make these?
2 623 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Afternoon all, well all I can think about right now is frozen custard!

Back across town this morning to meet with Lawyer,and it didn't happen. Seems his assistant is out and the whole office falls apart,his daughter tells me to come in and he is court.
So we try it again in the morning. Fun- Fun!
This " Executor" thing isn't all that , but I'm going to be a jail house lawyer when its done.

Have a great night all!
4 59 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 08:49 PM
I hav one listed in forsale section, don’t know if it will fit a 36? But if your interested I could do some measuring? Chris
1 112 Read More
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
Hi Travis,
I'll keep an eye out for Jerry's Sinclair signs.
3 126 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
Not only will you get the Crest Line Books but all of these! Chevrolet. The Coming of Age, series 1, printed 1976 Mint, 1911 - 1942. Chevrolet. USA series 2 Mint, 1946 - 1959, printed 1976. The Real Corvette, series 3, Mint, 1953 - 1975, printed 1975. Ford, Editors of Consumer Guide, 1903 to 1984, Mint, printed 1983. The Studebaker Century, second edition, third printing 1989, 1887 - 1966, Mint. The Buick, a complete History, printed 1980. Book inside a sleeve, Mint. The American Automobile ( Ralph Stein) - printed 1975 , Mint. Post War American Classics (Nicky Wright) printed 1983, mint. Classic Cars Cadillac (LeRoy Smith & Tony Hossain) printed 1983, Mint. These 2 books are a Crescent Book. Auburn, Reo, Franklin and Pierce-Arrow versus Cadillac, Chrysler, Lincoln and Packard by Brooks T. Brierley - printed 1991, Mint. Make me an Offer! And, I mean make me an offer. 951-206-4685 ask for Gene. Thanks
0 31 Read More
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
$50 shipped

[Linked Image]
0 35 Read More
Yesterday at 08:16 PM
PM sent. Click on the flashing envelope icon.
9 170 Read More
Yesterday at 07:42 PM
Good point Randy. I cropped too much of the image. The connection outlined in blue screws into the top of the "T" where the round handle is located that turns on/off fuel flow to the swing arm spigot. The pipe exiting the top of the connection in question is the gasoline discharge pipe that ends at hose. It could be a check valve. If the swing arm valve at the "T" is opened so that gasoline flows out the swing arm to the spigot, what keeps gasoline from also flowing up the discharge pipe; path of least resistance? I hope this explanation makes sense.
Joe
2 39 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
Yesterday at 07:23 PM
Don't know anything about value but these signs were discussed on Old Gas before and I think it was determined that the signs were on generators back in the day.
1 88 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Yesterday at 07:16 PM
Sold
2 154 Read More
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
Hey guys, found this forum using a Google search. I was looking at my mothers birth certificate and it said my grandfather was a station manager at Rebel Gas back in 68. I believe in Pratville, AL.

He worked for the Mobile Police Dept. when I was growing up but he did mention his brother being in the oil business back in the day, so maybe they worked together. I had never heard of Rebel Gas so thanks for sharing.
11 1,071 Read More
Yesterday at 06:21 PM
350.00 pick up only No shipping
1 403 Read More
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
240.00 shipped in the 48 only
1 539 Read More
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
Pre-Sale Columbus priced at $800.00 each. Free delivery to CTO in Columbus on Thursday late afternoon.
2 577 Read More
Yesterday at 05:01 PM
Still making progress and I want to thank everyone with this project that has contributed. I noted that along with the bug screen in the lite shade a plate is attached.. I surmise that this is a lite reflector for the face numerals and the pricer wheels. Does anyone have one apart for a pattern or have one that I might buy or copy perhaps to a polished aluminum sheet? Also there looks to be a larger plate on one side of the pricer wheels. I tracing of that would help too. Heck I don`t have a wayne 40 computer yet so still a long haul before I need lite....hee hee Thanks
0 56 Read More
Yesterday at 04:41 PM
Can someone identify this one for me please.
Thanks,
A O
0 56 Read More
Yesterday at 02:09 PM
If your in ohio Wednesday the 20th, tomorrow. Feel free to stop out to my building in kenton ohio,lots of signs and petro to check out, free soda pop,cold water,its hot. Alot will be for sale,probably around 200 signs,etc. Ill be here from 9 to 9pm ,pm ,please pm or call or text for address. Kenton is 1 hr northwest of Columbus oh , cell 567 208 2603
0 67 Read More
Yesterday at 01:37 PM
Jack ,I am not going to Iowa Gas can we put our name on a list? You will be posting on Old Gas won't you. I would like to buy one.
36 1,380 Read More
Yesterday at 12:00 PM
the rim is 19" 1930 & 31 only
1 281 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved