Non-petro Discussion and Showcase Jump to new posts
Re: Non Petro Buys of the Month May/Jun 2024 huskybob 33 minutes ago
10 479 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase Jump to new posts
Re: Non Petro Buys of the Month May/Jun 2024 huskybob 35 minutes ago
10 479 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Derby oil dispenser Rabbitman 1 hour ago
Derby was a very well known brand and covered a large service area in the midwest. They had all kinds of stations from cut rate gas only stations to large service centers. They would have definitely used bulk lubesters like yours in a lot of stations so restoring it to the Derby theme would be fine as far as usage by the company goes. Check with Derbygasman here on Oldgas, he is a big Derby collector and lives in Wichita. He can tell you where to look for all the information on Derby you might need. He checks here once in a while but you might send him a private message. His contact info should be n his profile. Good luck with your project.
2 36 Read More
Petroliana News Jump to new posts
Re: 18th Annual Gasstuff Petro Show 6/1 Bouckville NY Hardy's Garage 2 hours ago
Thanks for the reminder. I plan on being there again this year and look forward to catching up with a lot of friends.
1 60 Read More
Re: Derby oil dispenser advertologist 3 hours ago
derby lubester decal, 7" dia. .. ... cool
2 36 Read More
Derby oil dispenser burdar Yesterday at 11:56 PM
I bought my first oil dispenser the other day. There are no identifying numbers or logos anywhere and there are no remnants of old decals. I guess that means I can refinish it however I want. I'm mulling over a couple different ideas. One idea is a Derby theme. There was a Derby station in my home town while growing up and thought it might be cool. The issue I'm having is that I can't find much info about Derby. The few pictures I can find show very small retail buildings with no service bays attached. Any oil those places sold (I assume) would be in pre-packaged quarts and not in bulk. A Google search did show one abandoned Derby station in Missouri that has two service bays but I have no idea when that location was in buisiness. What ever theme I decide on, I'd like it to be something that was at least possible to exist.

Does anyone have any info on Derby stations and if some of them had service bays that would have pumped oil in bulk? I did find and read the info from this site when Derby was featured one month. Thanks
2 36 Read More
Welcome New Members Jump to new posts
Re: new member SandPCollector Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Welcome to Oldgas.
3 32 Read More
Re: new member Tankar Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Welcome
3 32 Read More
Re: new member advertologist Yesterday at 08:15 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
3 32 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices Jump to new posts
Re: 1934 Texaco Keyhole Sign Mark M Yesterday at 07:40 PM
PRICE DROP - $1,000 with shipping and insurance included.
1 482 Read More
new member burdar Yesterday at 07:16 PM
Hey, just joined. I just built a garage addition to safely house a couple old cars. I'd like to learn more about old gas stations and equipment so I can decorate the new space.
3 32 Read More
Studebaker sign ALSS72 Yesterday at 05:32 PM
Have a pair of Studebaker two sided porcelain signs ,they will clean up and buff out nice.no touch ups.would like to sell as a pair, located upstate NY,can get to Madison Bouckville show next weekend or Hershey,no shipping
$8,000 for the pair
0 79 Read More
Dixcel “A Trial Tells” & Knox Gas Oil Patches Mark8216 Yesterday at 03:19 PM
A couple of tough to find patches. Dixcel out of Missouri $65 shipped and Knox out of Oklahoma $45 shipped. Thanks.
0 60 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: Geo. Worthington Co. Hardcover catalogs 1949/55 It's for sale Yesterday at 12:32 PM
SOLD+++++++++++++++++++++++++
4 459 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: Bingham Hardware/ merchandise catalog, hardbound, It's for sale Yesterday at 12:32 PM
SOLD+++++++++++++++++++++
2 234 Read More
Re: Flying A Ethyl pump plate huskybob Yesterday at 10:22 AM
Thanks Kim, I really appreciate and value your input as well.
12 357 Read More
Re: Flying A Ethyl pump plate advertologist Yesterday at 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by minuteman
If you pull up past auctions there is both versions sold over the years and both have been TAC authenticated

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/sea...n&sort=-relevance&status=archive

there is one that sold 12 years ago that matches sign of subject, did they have the TAC authentication then ? .. ... cool

The Authentication Company (TAC) has been authenticating antique advertising signs and items since 2020.
12 357 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: Great Old Pics advertologist Yesterday at 06:00 AM
desoto deal. .. ... cool
17,854 7,940,251 Read More
Re: Flying A Ethyl pump plate Speedracer Yesterday at 05:45 AM
Flying A was a large chain. They may have had two or more manufacturers of pump plates. Like Randy pointed out.. there are differences, but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s fake. Sometimes pump plates had subtle differences from manufacturer to manufacturer.
12 357 Read More
Re: Flying A Ethyl pump plate minuteman Yesterday at 05:27 AM
If you pull up past auctions there is both versions sold over the years and both have been TAC authenticated
12 357 Read More
Re: Transport Resource gasgeezer Yesterday at 03:31 AM
Kudos to that, He hauled some pumps for me and they were wrapped as stated above, and a very professional person all around!!
1 101 Read More
Re: Very Old Victor Manufacturing Auto Gasket Wood Box 36Chevy Yesterday at 02:58 AM
I would be interested.
3 368 Read More
Re: Very Old Victor Manufacturing Auto Gasket Wood Box Ghostflowers Yesterday at 01:57 AM
3 368 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: BOTW "BUY'S OF THE WEEK!" May 13th-19th mcgas Yesterday at 01:51 AM
A couple Richfield bottles and porcelain light shades.

If anyone has converted shades like these to work with a modern light socket, I’d sure appreciate recommendations.
10 486 Read More
Petroliana News Jump to new posts
18th Annual Gasstuff Petro Show 6/1 Bouckville NY RetroPetro Wed May 22 2024 10:04 PM
June 1, 2024 in Bouckville, NY
18th Annual Gasstuff.com Petroliana Fest, Saturday 6/1/24, 7 am – 1 pm during town wide antiques extravaganza
On Historic Route 20
More info: John Mancino – (315) 427-5094
1 60 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved