Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
12 minutes ago
$710 for a $40 kitchen clock......
2 141 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
55 minutes ago
Lol....I know EXACTLY where that sign w pole is located. I parked next to it and ate my lunch while traveling out west last summer.

BrianH
1 65 Read More
Petroliana News
1 hour ago
After looking at the final sales totals it seems as if many are bidding with the 23% in mind. A lot of the stuff I thought was pretty close what I would pay for that item, others not so much.
9 205 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
1 hour ago
this doesn't mean anything yet as there are no bids but something too watch (compare with) , .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1916-Ford-Neon-Porcelain-Dealership-Sign/173175768067
10 325 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
3 hours ago
PM sent
11 311 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
3 hours ago
1 40 Read More
3 hours ago
As Dale said: an affiliate of Pennzoil .

Used from 1936 to 1958 for 'Motor Grade' gasoline.

Normally found on a glass body and valued at $400.00 - $600.00 according to the 2016 Gas Globe CD.

Later . . .

Jim
2 117 Read More
5 hours ago
Yes Motor oil is written across the bottom. Dave
5 187 Read More
5 hours ago
Jack, I looked at Tims chart the other day in regards to this thread. It was a bit of a mystery to me so I decided not to refer him to it. . There is obviously an error somewhere that has to do with the 11x19 cylinder. That height measurement must be either for a five gallon jug or would be taller for a tall ten? Or its just mismarked on Tims chart as a ten gallon cylinder(and should be for a five). I really havent seen a 176 tall, but I suppose its possible they were out there. Also, James (the orig. poster) seems to be coming up with a smaller diameter that would fit his casting. I think he came to the conclusion that his was around 10 1/2".....
3 118 Read More
6 hours ago
Has anyone out there even seen one of these? I am considering listing on line. Thanks, John
1 121 Read More
6 hours ago
It very well may be, but that's why i am asking on here. Everyone I know that collects gas and oil has never seen it before. So figured i would check with others as well to see if they have ran across one.Thanks
2 84 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
7 hours ago
International front is from the 1940s and Ford A sold Ford T is left with radiator and cap send message if int thanks
3 237 Read More
8 hours ago
They made reproductions of this flange sign. I was offered one about six years ago. You have to look close, but you can tell if you know what to look for.
Looking at the condition of yours, I would say it was one of those.
2 99 Read More
Petroliana News
11 hours ago
Thanks Randy!
2 69 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
14 hours ago
This is an original flange sign, It came out of a box of 6 signs and was the one in the best cond. Came from an old Chevron dealer in north idaho, If you look you can see it is different from the repros out there. It is in very good condition with more scratches on one side than the other and a slight fade line on the bottom. Its a painted tin sign and id say about 20" tall but can get an exact size on sun. Asking $950 406 360 1465
0 185 Read More
14 hours ago
This is sold. Thanks
2 551 Read More
14 hours ago
Ive picked up this Buick sign that from all indications is original. It came from north Idaho. It is a little rough so it wont comand top dollar but is super rare. I couldnt find any like it in my research, just the India and another repro dated 1947. Neither are the same. It has the Veribrite Chicago stamp on the flange, Im outa town for a few more days so i cant meaasre it precisely till sun but its about 20" id say. Thanx for making it easier to load pics, i can now be active in selling finally! Asking $1200 406 360 1465
0 180 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
14 hours ago
No collection, but I have both the regular and aviation Red Indian cans in super nice condition?
1 46 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
17 hours ago
Dale, Re the crank handle - it was on e-bay and had the square hole on the end but it is no longer there--pulled or sold. I was surprised because all the other crank handles were as you describe. Part of me was hoping it was made for the easel and misidentified, but the listing did not have the square hole dimensions.

I have a bunch of tools from when I was in my 20's (way back when), but alas a welding kit is not one of those... laugh

Jim, thanks for the socket tutorial. I bought that set back in 1980. I think I may have used it for my car 74, pre anti pollution (lots of room for a beginner to work with) Corolla as I couldn't afford to go to a mechanic while I was in school. I'll have to count the star points.

The square turn heads look to be hand made and vary very slightly in width along the shaft which has made it a guessing game, and my ignorance in socketry hasn't helped. lol I saw a universal socket, but thought it might be too wide for the space in between, but may measure and re look at that again.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. With your information, I will try again getting samples from the hardware store (and car parts store), and if that doesn't work, I know a blacksmith (and maybe he knows a welder) who might help.

I love this easel and am finally in a studio where I can use it. It needs a 12 foot minimum ceiling to be fully utilized at eye level by 5' 6" me. I stand when I work, and it's the first time I've been able to stand and work on the bottom of some of my larger paintings without having to Jerry rig an extension on my other easels that always had the potential of slipping and damaging the canvas.
4 110 Read More
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Wadhams sign is about 6 x 5. wondering if anyone has any info on it
0 61 Read More
Transportation Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
I need a well-packed, fairly small box (probably about 20' x 20' x 16") transported from New York state to the Peotone Gas/Oil Meet March 10 or 11. The contents are fragile, so it would be great to have an Old Gas guy do this, rather than a carrier like FedEx Ground. Will compensate the person, of course. If you think this is a "maybe", I can be more specific about were in New York state the box is located. The person who currently has the box may be able to meet close to you, or at your place. Any help will be appreciated a great deal. Thanks. John
0 33 Read More
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
More information from my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20nozzles-2.htm

Jack Sim
5 267 Read More
Yesterday at 08:38 PM
You mentioned above a picture of the hat. Gas pumps are gender related and are females, that top was referred to as a bonnet by many companies.

In the words of the late Johnny Carson "I did not know that."

Jack Sim
14 444 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
I have a Standard sign and pole and I'm missing a few details. What lights were used on these poles for sure? I see pics of them with 2 lights coming out from under the sign, they look to be 8" or 10", angled light shade, is that correct? I have the base of the Flame though its a bit beat up, does any one have the Base and OR the Flame?
0 58 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 07:36 PM
Sure I have an extra - $15 plus shipping
1 65 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved