Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
16 minutes ago
PM sent. Click on the flashing envelope icon.
9 158 Read More
26 minutes ago
Glad I could take you on a pleasant trip down Memory Lane. Also. TIL that oil companies use to have SandP shakers. I thought your handle meant Sand P.
9 158 Read More
49 minutes ago
I remember the tank farm being there on the opposite side of the trail from the WPRO radio station. Lots of good memories for me from the time I lived in Barrington.
9 158 Read More
49 minutes ago
Good point Randy. I cropped too much of the image. The connection outlined in blue screws into the top of the "T" where the round handle is located that turns on/off fuel flow to the swing arm spigot. The pipe exiting the top of the connection in question is the gasoline discharge pipe that ends at hose. It could be a check valve. If the swing arm valve at the "T" is opened so that gasoline flows out the swing arm to the spigot, what keeps gasoline from also flowing up the discharge pipe; path of least resistance? I hope this explanation makes sense.
Joe
2 30 Read More
56 minutes ago
Hello Gary! Good to hear from you as well thanks . I Wasn't going to post this but foolish not too . Lots of good people on oldgas , some one might make a connection. Thanks buddy .
2 46 Read More
1 hour ago
First off let me say that I am by no means a sign expert. But, I have one of these signs that I have had for eons and am sure is real. I know there were some variations, mine says "Ask For" at the top instead of "We Sell". Mine is approximately 16 3/4 x 22 and has a date code and date at the bottom in small print on both sides (mine says 5024 A-M 11-51). I notice this sign doesn't have that. Mine also has four holes punched around the perimeter instead of the two at the top. All this just for your information, not saying it proves a thing. Good luck....GB
1 62 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
1 hour ago
Don't know anything about value but these signs were discussed on Old Gas before and I think it was determined that the signs were on generators back in the day.
1 66 Read More
1 hour ago
Good to hear from you Travis but not this way! Will definitely keep an eye out for this sign.Sounds like someone knew those signs were in there if they were inside his rv garage. This is what always makes me nervous when we all share so much information but what are we supposed to do? I refuse to live like a hermit and not enjoy my collection and sharing it with friends. Hope these signs turn up and the crooks get their just desserts....Gary
2 46 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
1 hour ago
Sold
2 140 Read More
1 hour ago
This sinclair oils 48" sign is 2 single sided signs in one metal hand riveted hanger . It's was stolen along with one 48" gasoline sign also in a hanger this past week end of jun 16th . Both signs were hanging high up into the rafters of buddys RV shed , Jerry martin oldgas member ( sinclair 1951 ) . He called me and I was able to come up with pictures of the oils sign . If anyone hears or would see anything , please call either one of us . Jerry 1-314 -607-8963 Travis 573-783-9766 . Maybe something will turn up we are hoping with this being such a rare sign .thank you.
2 46 Read More
1 hour ago
"I also recall the first Mobil station I ever saw with the futuristic round pumps was located on the Wampanoug Trail between Barrington and East Providence."

That Mobil station is still there; along with a Dunkin' Donuts. If you would like to tie this into the wholesaling side, Socony Road is near there and it leads you from the Wampanoag Trail to a tank farm.
9 158 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
2 hours ago
350.00 pick up only No shipping
1 349 Read More
2 hours ago
240.00 shipped in the 48 only
1 462 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Done4
Jim, was the custard red, white and blue?.

I had their Flurry with Butterfinger chunks mixed into vanilla frozen custard. Yes, it was very good.
3 35 Read More
2 hours ago
My question is, what is it? It would go a long way in making recommendations to replicate it. My guess is, it is a check valve, and if it is, I'd first look commercially to see if I could find one or one similar and start from there.
2 30 Read More
3 hours ago
Pre-Sale Columbus priced at $800.00 each. Free delivery to CTO in Columbus on Thursday late afternoon.
2 535 Read More
3 hours ago
Still making progress and I want to thank everyone with this project that has contributed. I noted that along with the bug screen in the lite shade a plate is attached.. I surmise that this is a lite reflector for the face numerals and the pricer wheels. Does anyone have one apart for a pattern or have one that I might buy or copy perhaps to a polished aluminum sheet? Also there looks to be a larger plate on one side of the pricer wheels. I tracing of that would help too. Heck I don`t have a wayne 40 computer yet so still a long haul before I need lite....hee hee Thanks
0 32 Read More
3 hours ago
Good day everyone!

We're at 75° and cloudy. Rain this afternoon.

Nicole, you can sign me up for one also. Lucked out yesterday and got the back lot cut about six last night so that is done now on to the yard around the house.

Jim, was the custard red, white and blue?

Have a great day everyone be comfy and safe.
3 35 Read More
3 hours ago
Can someone identify this one for me please.
Thanks,
A O
0 29 Read More
4 hours ago
Lo!

Heat index already 95 on this hot and muggy day. A good day to get work done inside...

Nicole
who wishes she could have one of those lady liberty custards right now!
3 35 Read More
4 hours ago
Good Morning Everyone,

Got most of the grass mowed earlier this morning. Not bad then, but mid-90s and matching humidity is back on for today. Some thunderstorms predicted tomorrow and the next day, so I wanted to get mowing done before that.

Here's a photo I took at the Custard Stand in Sesser, Illinois last week. Lady Liberty working part time there.

Have a great Tuesday out there in Oldgasland
3 35 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
4 hours ago
I need a nozzle for my Bowser Red Sentry (cast iron model). Ron Scobie sells repros for $95, but would like to purchase an original if possible.
Joe
0 18 Read More
4 hours ago
Here is a better image of the pipe connection I would like to replicate on my Red Sentry. Can anyone tell me if there are modern parts that I could purchase to make up this type of connection. I can't determine how many parts there are.
Joe
2 30 Read More
6 hours ago
If your in ohio Wednesday the 20th, tomorrow. Feel free to stop out to my building in kenton ohio,lots of signs and petro to check out, free soda pop,cold water,its hot. Alot will be for sale,probably around 200 signs,etc. Ill be here from 9 to 9pm ,pm ,please pm or call or text for address. Kenton is 1 hr northwest of Columbus oh , cell 567 208 2603
0 56 Read More
6 hours ago
I got a few replies on this sign a couple years ago, but the seller & I couldn’t come to common ground on a price, he has contacted me with a fair price recently. Just wanted to get some opinions, good or bad before I pull the trigger!! I know they repop this one, or one similar. Sooo is it real? What year? And what do ya think a fair market value would be? There is no pole, or base, just the ring.Thanks chris
1 62 Read More
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 69 70

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved