Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
19 seconds ago
Hi all. I got this sign recently from a small auto repair business close to me. I did some research online and found another one that sold at auction but it did not have the riveted “tool holder” on the front of the sign. I also got the Hunter brand alignment gauge which is what I was told hangs off of this piece on the sign. Does anyone have experience on how the gauge goes on this piece or any other history/value of this sign?
0 1 Read More
27 minutes ago
I found two photos of a Chevron station with the same Chevron logo that you have. The photos are front and back and they serve to demonstrate very clearly the issue you have. That is, the decals are inconsistently applied - notice how one Chevron sign is much lower than the others. Also notice how the horizontal decal "Premium" in the foreground of the first photo is lower than the decal on the middle pump. There also appears to be a horizontal decal across the top of the pump skirt (just below the glass bezel).

Best wishes.
7 186 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
46 minutes ago
Afternoon all. Been cooler here today with a shower this morning and now overcast. We are supposed to get more this evening but it is spotty so you never know what you will get. Been working on rewiring my Florida boat. I was informed that we were going back down in three weeks whether it was done or not as my wife and cycling friends are registered again this year for the Bike MS down there. I still have quite a bit to do on the boat but if I just make myself stay after it I should be able to get it all done. I don't really want to make another special trip with it if I don't have to.

Jim, we were in Haines about nine years ago I guess and I don't remember seeing the Hammer museum. Maybe we just didn't walk around town enough. Loved the Alaska trip and hope to do it again sometime before I die. Should be a good day to work on your ceiling and insulation, get it done before the heat cranks up outside again! Well, better get back to work, breaks over. Have a good one everybody.....GB
6 58 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
57 minutes ago
Missing night doors, ad glass cracked on both sides but doesn't take anything away from this great looking cabinet.$750. Pick up only, will hold as long as needed if played for. Thanks for looking.
0 30 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
1 hour ago
I know this is a long shot but does anyone out there have the globe holder that is mounted to the top of the stainless cover?
0 12 Read More
1 hour ago
no extra frames ... sorry.
5 511 Read More
1 hour ago
Yes I've noticed that quite a bit. I've been talking with my local zoning officer about what is allowed and not allowed, as well as what he thinks zoning vartan wise I could apply for. I've actually come up with two different ways to make the island possible that he thinks one would be fine and the other definitely won't be a problem. The no problem route it above ground tanks trailer mounted or in a bunker style retaining area with over head supply lines to the island. The other is again trailer mounted or above ground bunker style but running a piece of 8" diameter 3/8" thick steel pipe with 90* elbows at each end, coated in a linex style product inside and out to fully prevent the steel from rusting away basically and run pipe over the bunker wall to the island threw the just below the surface conduit way. The zoning officer thinks this will fly just fine as long as I have the local EPA inspect it yearly or bi-yearly in accordance with how we (my lawyer and I) write the various request. Sence its privately be used and not publicly he doesn't think it will be a problem sence I'll be adding manually ball valve at each tank and the valve will be closed while not in use. With this thinking and some simple volume math of two 1 1/2" fuel supply hose is side of the 8" pipe, the pipe should be less then half way full of diesel and gasoline even if both supply hoses burst open while not in use. Now of course if the valves are open then that math doesn't fly not even 3/8". But that's the two we currently have in the works. A possible third is above ground drive over channel that is more like a speed bump on one lane with two fuel rated hose running threw it. A cross between both ideas.

Again nothing has been built or blueprinted yet because I most definitely want no issues on the tail end. I will only start building the island after all my ducks are in a row and the government is happy with the plans.

I'll try and get some pictures up of my current refueling trailer and setup for you guys in the next couple weeks. This summer has been extremely busy work wise for me so not a ton of progress on the project yet. But I did get two 86s and one 48s pump. And I'll post pictures up soon as well.
16 502 Read More
1 hour ago
I'll take the caps. Please message me you're mailing info and I'll get a check or money order out.
Thanks,
Pat
1 168 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
2 hours ago
Welcome to Oldgas! Can't speak to value ,think it would be of interest to gulf collector. I remember this promotion the shoes were plastic and designed to stick to window,think most were given to kids and didn't survive. Exxon had Tony's tail you hung out of gas door ,Gulf had Horseshoes.

Well that lets you know my age, I've reached the top but not all the way over the hill just yet! Still Kicking,LOL!
1 77 Read More
2 hours ago
Excellent work! very nice detail!
9 282 Read More
3 hours ago
I received both books this week and they are great. These are a must for any serious or not-so-serious collector. Thanks to Jack and all those that contributed to the publication of these books.
Dave
0 36 Read More
3 hours ago
sign is marked property of Firestone and is an original neon sign. which would need new glass/ transformers. please pm me with and questions or requests for more info. Asking $2500 usd. Thanks
0 97 Read More
3 hours ago
sold, pending payment
2 212 Read More
3 hours ago
thanks for the interest so far. still available. thanks
10 1,432 Read More
3 hours ago
bump
5 1,099 Read More
3 hours ago
sold, pending payment
5 301 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
4 hours ago
I used to have a flying a banner and shell... sold them both when i moved. Love banners! You have very many?
4 249 Read More
7 hours ago
bump ready for your decal
4 600 Read More
8 hours ago
🤔
1 60 Read More
13 hours ago
The first two pump shown are Tokheim 39s, the last pump ("Diesel) is a Martin & Schwartz/Wayne Model 80 pump. At the time these pumps were born, there was no connection between M&S/Wayne and Tokheim so I don't know what the 46H is all about. The one thing that seems strange is that the ID tag is screwed on where most ID tags are riveted on.

Who know what some repair man did 65 years ago.

Jack Sim
2 163 Read More
19 hours ago
Not Mine! But very cool!
8 466 Read More
19 hours ago
As shown. Excellent condition . Some minor pitting . Includes shipping . Thanks ! $ 75
0 153 Read More
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Signed copy arrived today. Thanks jack.
10 532 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Thanks Gary . Your sons idea will be a good one I like the old 55 chevy cabs . I keep wanting to attend that big car show in Springfield mo one of these years . Maybe in the next year or two we can meet up there with a few old cars.
7 221 Read More
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
Thanks.
3 577 Read More
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved