Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
44 minutes ago
Originally Posted by SandPCollector
I lived in Barrington RI from 1964 to 1975. I remember the Cities Service change to Citgo in 1965, the Atlantic change to Arco in 1970 and the Esso change to Exxon in 1972. Flying A was bought out by Getty, but there weren't a lot of Flying A stations that I recall seeing. Getty expanded by rebranding other stations - I remember a Gulf and an Arco station changing to Getty. In addition to those brands I remember Texaco, Sunoco, Mobil, Gulf, Phillips 66 (not many), American and a couple BP stations in Massachusetts during the time I lived there.

Thanks for giving me a trip down memory lane!

Barrington's right down the road! I have a spreadsheet somewhere with a little more detail, I didn't see any BP stations in the directory. Maybe they weren't in RI. And the spreadsheet lists which stations converted to Getty. Also, I was able to tell by the ads in the City Directory that there was one guy who sold his Esso station and bought a Mobil station. I'm not sure how common that was. This period covers my first 10 years and the impression I have of gas stations when I was that young was that they started out as full serve but self serve was emphasized more and more as prices went up. Also, they were more like garages when I was little, then became more oriented towards selling conveniences like soda & cigarettes. I also remember the stations where there's an attendant in a glass enclosed closet sized room, but that wasn't until later. I think Stop & Shop still does that.
4 115 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
2 hours ago
I am still looking for a bonnet for my Tokheim 600 Series Visible.

Thanks,

TN Volunteer
0 5 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
3 hours ago
Schuco's are sold, The Marx Tractor and Tank are now selling for $165.00, plus shipping. Message with any questions.
2 174 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
6 hours ago
Any comments?
11 498 Read More
6 hours ago
Jack I can't wait. Thanks for all you do.
35 1,210 Read More
6 hours ago
Great pumps everyone! Wow there are some nice ones!!
33 1,339 Read More
6 hours ago
Looks great!
8 217 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
6 hours ago
Happy birthday Loyd!!
12 124 Read More
6 hours ago
I'm 23!
47 1,447 Read More
Welcome New Members
6 hours ago
Welcome to OldGas!
6 88 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
7 hours ago
Nice work!
1 117 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
7 hours ago
Looking for a lead on an original National A-62 with the green porcelain. Would prefer something that I can restore.

Thanks

Grant
0 19 Read More
7 hours ago
Ha, that's great! I love looking at the classifieds in old newspapers or auto magazines. I have a Hemmings somewhere from the year I was born (1976) that my Dad kept. I remember as a teenager looking through it and seeing most 50's Cadillacs for under a grand...just blew my mind at the time!
Darin
1 36 Read More
8 hours ago
Vintage Model A Firestone Tire Display

I about fell over when I discovered this piece recently in a southwestern Mi. barn. This is a Model A, Ford Tire and rim, sitting on top of a vintage Firestone display rack. I believe the rim itself dates to the 1930's. Rack has signage on front and back. The tire itself is a Firestone 4.74/5.00-19, not particularly old but the rim definitely is. I think the rack will clean up nicely with a little elbow grease. The farmer I bought this from told me that his father owned a firestone tire outlet and he used this display in his store.
Interesting piece of Firestone advertising.

Shipping: This item is avail. to pick up at my Hillsdale Mi. location, "or" upon request, I would be willing to take to the UPS in Coldwater Mi. for them to package & ship for you. You would have to make your own arrangements at UPS before I deliver. Message with any questions or comments.

$350.00
0 98 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
9 hours ago
Here is a quick snap. I can post pics of individual ones if that makes a difference. condition on a few is rough but others is definitely fair.
2 63 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Still Looking for Wayne 100B RH Door
1 90 Read More
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
The restoration of gas pumps is not something where 30 people will want the same decal. You may get orders for 5 of one type, 10 of another type and several orders for one off decals. I will say that your re-creation of the Indian logo appeared to be spot on to me. Attention to detail on that level is what we would require of your water transfer decals. You will have to charge accordingly.
17 597 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
If anyone can tell me the year and value that would be great! They seem to sell anywhere from $300 to $1,400 on ePay. Cheers!!

[Linked Image]
0 43 Read More
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Eco 93 air meter, missing one side flat panel, Scobie has them ,no cracks, don't see anything broken, hose reel guts look all there $2200.00 for a fast sale. black paint over original blue paint
thanks 315 734 0096 8 am 4;30

Rock
0 172 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Yesterday at 04:41 PM
Someone must have found a case of the stuff! That would be a nice payday.

BrianH
315 60,903 Read More
Yesterday at 04:01 PM
Thanks steve
14 2,377 Read More
Yesterday at 03:59 PM
Bump. Will fit other pumps. Chris
4 462 Read More
Yesterday at 01:29 PM
One of the nicest gasboy pumps I've seen. good job!
10 1,106 Read More
Yesterday at 01:16 PM
Bump.Price dropped to 1900.
4 483 Read More
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
Bump
3 414 Read More
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved