Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Petroliana Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Bennett 700 Globe Install by Mike618b @ Thu Nov 16 2017 07:31 PM

If memory serves correct the globe holders should come with metal tabs that are threaded with the screws going through the holder. You loosen the screws so the tabs can swing away, place the holder on the top, reach up and in and hold the tabs so the
For Sale Petroliana with prices
Jump to new posts Benzol Jr. Lense, Original by coltex @ Thu Nov 16 2017 07:24 PM

Here is an Original, 13 1/2" Benzol Jr. lense in excellent condition. Cleaning some junk out. $450 plus s/h/i. Thank you! Clifton 512-413-4459
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Bowser shut off valves or handles by Craig Osbeck @ Thu Nov 16 2017 07:15 PM

Want to try this again. Need one of these shut off valves. Could have it recast if no one wants to part with theirs.
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by Done4 @ Thu Nov 16 2017 06:53 PM

That's a real problem to deal with. Maybe try warm water and Joy soap and gentley clean with a small soft paint brush and rinse. I do know the WD40 will help the ink which is an oil base. It won't bring it back but will help stabilize the ink, I've d
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by BrianH @ Thu Nov 16 2017 06:37 PM

I thought I had read on here someplace that you can use water to soak the paper and lift it off, no? I hate to even mention this, but is this the one time where it MIGHT be OK to clear coat the sign in order to save it? Might be better than watchin
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Jump to new posts Simplex Piston Rings sign. Early 1900's by longbow @ Thu Nov 16 2017 05:45 PM

I have this listed on ebay. Its thin metal tacker type sign. item number 142584446218
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by TheGriffin @ Thu Nov 16 2017 05:21 PM

It's got so many things going on with it, I don't know where to start. Just moving it around causes the paint flakes to come off
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by Done4 @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:34 PM

I would do a small test spot on the paper with W40 on the paper. I have had success doing by just applying multipl layers of W40 over time. Slow is the key word.
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Thursday! by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:28 PM

Hello from Jersey, miss these posts. Phil hope your recovery goes well.
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:08 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:08 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:06 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:05 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:05 PM

Jump to new posts Non-Petro Buys Of The Month- November 2017 by MetroPetro @ Thu Nov 16 2017 04:04 PM

Post any non-petro finds here. Thanks to Russ for hosting this thread in the past.
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Thursday! by philmccauley @ Thu Nov 16 2017 03:49 PM

Evening all, haven’t posted on this thread for a while either. Sitting in the recliner with the ice packs and doing therapy. My first hip replacement lasted 16 years, replaced it again yesterday so we will see how long this one makes it. Hope all a
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by advertologist @ Thu Nov 16 2017 03:44 PM

appears paint is blistered & lifting, with what you have there I can only see things getting worse, I would leave as is , there is still some value there .. ...
Welcome New Members
Jump to new posts Re: new member by SandPCollector @ Thu Nov 16 2017 03:23 PM

Welcome to Oldgas.
Jump to new posts Recommendations on how to save Red Hat sign by TheGriffin @ Thu Nov 16 2017 03:03 PM

I need to tap some of yall's collective wisdom on how to help save this Red Hat sign I've come across. Its painted metal and the paint is flaking off. There is also some paper stuck to it. I was able to peel some of the paper off without lifting m
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Brass Flex - Buckeye nozzle by Jack Sim @ Thu Nov 16 2017 03:00 PM

When I created the website the intent was to show the pictures not every detail. I am in the literature business, I have 41 file drawers filled with service station literature, I am also the author of the two Gas Pump Identification books and the tw
Petroliana Sign Image Gallery EZ Pics Upload
Jump to new posts socony lubester by burl19 @ Thu Nov 16 2017 02:57 PM

original socony lubester
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Thursday! by DWSheffer @ Thu Nov 16 2017 02:45 PM

Hi Kevin, all...Boy, haven't done one of these posts in a LONG time! Windy here and 38 degrees, so feels a bit colder. We've had a couple morning dustings of snow here in Hillsdale Co., but nothing at all measurable. Not good for the deer hunters in
Jump to new posts Re: Esso tiger bank- Humble Oil Company by It's for sale @ Thu Nov 16 2017 01:14 PM

SOLD thanks
Jump to new posts Hello Thursday! by K W FRITH @ Thu Nov 16 2017 12:44 PM

Been a long time since I posted a daily greeting but I'm sitting at the computer and thought I might throw up a couple of photos. We had a great week last week, but the temps have taken a dip and colder weather is headed our way! We have had snow f
Jump to new posts Re: Purol sign by saleen @ Thu Nov 16 2017 12:28 PM

pm sent
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved