Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Transportation Bulletin Board
24 minutes ago
Anyone passing by that can pick up a skins from Charley in liberal, MO and get them to Pueblo, Colorado springs or Denver area?
0 3 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
33 minutes ago
Email sent
1 66 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
51 minutes ago
Glad you like them! Thanks!
6 459 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
1 hour ago
With the pitting issues, I should think $75 to $100.
2 147 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
1 hour ago
Looking for a Tokheim 36 door can be ruff it is going on a yard pump.
Thanks 916 768 5466 mike
0 12 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
1 hour ago
Thanks for confirming it is real. Appreciate it!
4 106 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
2 hours ago
Over the last two days I've been glued to my laptop checking out all 121 pages of this thread. Tons and tons of great photos! Alas, I only saw a single Husky image (of just the sign in the background) so I thought I'd remedy the situation with this photo.

On a different note, the Fish Inn photos on page 13 brought back good memories. I have family in the Silver Valley of northern Idaho, and dropping into the Fish Inn to have a beer (it was just a tavern at that time, 80's-90's) was a treat. The structure was located right at the intersection of Interstate 90 (old US 10) and State Route 3, at the east end of Fourth of July Pass. Sadly, it burned down in 1996.
1,812 4,353,814 Read More
2 hours ago
Picked up this nice Utah piece
4 179 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
3 hours ago
still have some lert.call.417 394 2788 charley
3 554 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
4 hours ago
Jack, I'm not sure if I understand your question but the cash recorder shown above is in a Dayton 1420.
4 213 Read More
6 hours ago
I'm probably not petro related. Church, masons, etc.... type kind of organization?
1 105 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
9 hours ago
Original 1920s Socony Service Station 48” Porcelain Shield Oil Gas Pump Sign On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1...n-Shield-Oil-Gas-Pump-Sign/233231466395?

Located in United States

[Linked Image]
0 26 Read More
9 hours ago
I am trying to learn additional information about this porcelain Cooper Sun Clock . I'd like to find out when it was first made . It is a sundial . It is approximately 5.5 h x 6” wide. There is not a single Worthpoint, Google ,Ebay or liveauctioneers.com database photo or reference available. The Cooper Oven Thermometer Co of Pequabuck Ct removed the "oven" from its name in 1951. So that dates the item to pre-1951. Today the company is called Cooper- Atkins Corporation . When I called the company I was directed to an advertising person who had access to all the "old catalogues" . This item predated the oldest catalogue . He had a 50 year tenure employee remember the existance of this item but that was all.
Does anyone have one or has seen one? Value?
Thanks,
Bob Farber
mannyfa3@gmail.com
0 23 Read More
13 hours ago
This dispenser was not necessarily made for Gulf. Gulf may have purchased most of them, but this unit was offered to anyone who wanted to buy one, and could be painted and branded for any oil company.
16 438 Read More
13 hours ago
You oil dispenser is not a 423, it is Tokheim 330, introduced by Tokheim in 1923. Pictures and information about this dispenser can be found on this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20330.htm

Pictures for the 423 can be found on this page: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20440.htm

Jack Sim
2 165 Read More
13 hours ago
Information about my Gas Pump Bible book can be found at: www.gaspumpbible.com

Jack Sim
2 161 Read More
13 hours ago
I have literature on almost every company that made a nozzle, but I do not have anything on March. Back in the 1970s when I was a Shell dealer and one of my nozzles went bad, we did not wait until someone sent us a nozzle. On a shelf in the station was two or three rebuilt nozzles put there on consignment. We quickly took of the old one and replaced it with a rebuilt one, we did not care who made it, we just needed to get the pump back in service. Around one a month the rebuilder would come buy, take the old one, replace it with a rebuilt one and charge me for the one I used.

I have a section on my website about nozzles, but I don't think this company is mentioned: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/pc-1.htm perhaps this will help you.

From the configuration of the top of the nozzle where the large hole is, this appears to have been used on visible pumps where the nozzle was hung up near the cylinder.

Jack Sim
1 118 Read More
13 hours ago
I am the author of the Gas Pump Bible book. This last book is all gas pumps but the first two books identified a number of oil tank pumps. I have a large collection of gas pump companies literature and probably have pictures and brochures for you pump. If you have a model number, just go to this page of my website and look up the pump: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20literature.htm

If you don't know the model number either post a picture here or send me one by email: jhsim@petrocollect.com

Jack Sim
1 48 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
13 hours ago
What parts are u looking for?
4 394 Read More
13 hours ago
I received a 60" Oldsmobile Service Sign by FedEx Ground, wasn't too expensive, but that was a number of years ago. A 48' sign should run $100 to $125 depending on distance. I have had and heard good about Forward Aire for large items, neon signs crated, don't know about 6 foot Porcelain signs unless they are crated and that will be expensive whoever you use. I use E-bay for small items that gains you a worldwide audience, Craigslist for large items that would be expensive to ship so you are prone to a local audience for usually being picked up. I know using Old Gas will target your item to the best market of buyers, but not having a degree in electronics from MIT, I find posting pictures on e-bay and Craigslist extremely simple, thus willing to sacrifice a few dollars in exchange for lack of computer skills. And it seems I am often reading on here Posts about deadbeat buyers, no pays, slow pays, dreamers and PenPals. At least e-bay forces prompt payments with PayPal and Polices its users. This site is a close knit group of sincere, dedicated collectors that will be absolutely merciless to you if you are not on the up and up. Kudos to the Faithful. Ed.
9 210 Read More
14 hours ago
Whether its been cut in half or its some type of manufacturing f-up, its the same basic sign. Bottom line is it doesn't have much value in that condition.
7 363 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
15 hours ago
BTT
3 107 Read More
Petroliana News
15 hours ago
Great show...see ya there
1 63 Read More
16 hours ago
Wow Tim, those are very nice trucks.