Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42636 Sun Dec 02 2007 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
have some smaller signs i want to hang on the walls in my office.dont want no holes.what do you guys use?these are mobil sheilds,largest is my dino credit cards.i've seen these"command"strips anyone ever try em?thanks mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#42637 Sun Dec 02 2007 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am not totally sure what "command" stripd are, but I know that if I am hanging a sign I want to make darn sure it is not going to hit the deck. Small holes ar easy to patch and paint. I saw where someone had used 1/2 inch steel tubing, drilled various holes in it from top to bottom and then somehow mounted it with a couple of small heavy weight (read art gallery) type hangers. He hung it the whole length of the wall. Ended up with two holes, one on each end and suspended the tubing on the them. He then hung each sign from the various holes with hooks and small chain.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#42638 Sun Dec 02 2007 06:50 PM
R
R
Used command strips today to hang some Christmas wreaths. Even hung a wreath on the front storm door glass. So far so good. The strips I bought will support up to 3 pounds. Paid 6.97 each. Richard

#42639 Sun Dec 02 2007 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you decide to use the Command strips, make sure the surface is clean before you apply them. We used them to hang some Christmas lights, and if we didn't clean the surface of the window before we applied them, they came off within minutes.
Tara

#42640 Mon Dec 03 2007 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How strong is this stuff?
On the embossed metal signs, will it damage them when you go to remove them later?
I would hate for those strips to weaken over time and my signs come crashing to the floor....ouch!
screw them to the wall....heck Mick, your a handy fellow....you can repair the holes later.

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
#42641 Mon Dec 03 2007 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
command strips are a double sided adhesive strip.they ar designed to not leave any marks with a special tab to remove any adhesive after you take down the sign or whatever.supposed to leave no damage.i dont want my signs to come crashing down either,but figured they might work for small signs like mobil shields etc.i did wind up trying them on my two shields and so far,so good for two days!used four strips two top,two bottom and cleaned the surfaces with alchohol.as a precaution i put a small needle on each top hole,but below the center of the hole.this way if the strips give way the needles should hold the sign.will see if they drop in the next week or two.and paddy i dont want to tape,sand or paint (in the house anyway)for as long as i can get away with it!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
#42642 Mon Dec 03 2007 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick:

I use a system from a company called Arakawa.

They make an aluminum track system that mounts just under the ceiling (on the wall)and features sliding hangers that hold flexible nylon-coated steel cables that attach to your artwork/signage via hooks

The hangers slide inside the track and the hooks that attach to your artwork/signs have gripping function that allows you to easily adjust the height of the hanging piece.

Best of all - the only holes in the wall are the ones that hold the track on. You can move and reposition your hanging pieces anytime you want.

Here is a link to their web site:
http://www.arakawagrip.com/i_art.html

I've used this product both professionally and in my personal office.

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 12-03-2007).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved