Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#383360 Fri Jan 04 2013 04:07 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Picked up the new globe cd from Scott and am enjoying all the information it contains, however, i am growing frustrated with continually having to load the cd and waiting for it to initialize before i can browse through it for a particular globe i wish to search. Not being a computer expert, wondered if anyone else is having this issue and if anyone knows whether the cd contents can be copied onto the hard drive somehow if that makes sense. I do know that once initialized, i can pop out the cd and browse through the info, but as soon as i close out the window, i have to reload the cd and start it all over again. Any help is appreciated. Happy new year to all of you.

kevin

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes, you can create a new folder on your computer and copy all the files from the CD onto your computer.

You'll need to open up Windows Explorer and locate the CD in the drive listing shown on the left hand side of the window. Double-click on the drive that contains the CD. This will show you the files stored on the CD. Copy everyone of these files from the CD to the new folder you created.

Once you do that, find the gasglobes.exe file, highlight that file and create a shortcut. Drag the shortcut out to your desktop.

Once you do this, all you'll need to do is double-click on the shortcut to fire up the application. It still takes a bit to load, but much faster that loading the application from the CD.

Hope this all makes sense. Good luck! Greg

Last edited by lando-4; Fri Jan 04 2013 05:16 PM.

Greg
On the lookout for Marland Oil / Conoco Globes
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I will give that a go. Thanks!

KEVIN
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Kevin,

Forgot to mention in my prior post ...

If you don't care about the zoom and navigation features in the application, you can load / start up the application from your CD and then click on the download icon that is listed at the bottom of the application (its the icon that has a downward pointing arrow). This will download the globe CD to a PDF file that you can save on your computer. You could then create a shortcut to this file on your desktop. Greg

Greg
On the lookout for Marland Oil / Conoco Globes
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thx. I like those features, thus will try the method in the first post. Thanks. Hopefully i wont have to seek your advice, but dont go too far! Lol

KEVIN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not to hijack this post,but anyone have any help on putting the cd on n iPhone/ iPad? I've tried,but still haven't been able to get it done.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick you will have to download adobe for your iPad and and iPhone. Also when you put the disc in the comp. go to my computer and pick the cd but open the word doc it explains how to do it. That's how I got it to work for me

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I saved it to my PC, thanks!

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved