Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Has anyone ever reproduced the glass in the top of an Alemite mechanics work station? A friend has 4 of these and all of the glass has been damaged. I have found photos of what the glasses said on Oldgas, but all are from a distance. If anybody also has some close up photos I would really appreciate it. I think my local guy can make them if he has a good photo to scan and adjust. Thought we would check to see if they were being recreated first though. Thank you for any help.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Can we see a picture ?

Craig
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I will have some photos tomorrow or Tuesday. They are outside and it was dark when we were looking at them. I know it is almost impossible to tell without something good to go by.

The ad glass on the cabinets at the Cadillac shop I worked at in the late 1960s were plain block lettering with "TUNE UP" "LUBRICATION" "TIGHTENING" "WHEEL ALIGNMENT" White background and black lettering.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
This is the type of cabinet that is in need of glass. We are also looking for one Alemite badge and a couple of pieces of the window corner trim shown. If anyone has any of these please PM me. These will be long term projects and we are in no rush, if anyone happens across a few parts. I will post more pics and a Photobucket link to the stories forum later today. Thank you for any help.

C
C
I know this is an old thread but I bought one of these in june and just started working on it this week. I need to know what holds the ad glasses in place? both of the glasses are missing in mine. I am sure it is some kind of rubber channel from the way it looks, if somebody knows where I can buy the rubber or at least has a pic of the profile of the seal I would appreciate it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved