Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
ROLLIE Offline OP
OP Offline
R
HI GUYS, HERE IS A LINK TO THE DAVE GIESKE SIGN AND MEMORABILIA AUCTION ON SAT FEB 18TH IN BALDWIN WI. THIS IS A GREAT COLLECTION WITH ABOUT 100 SIGNS, WAYNE 71 SHOWCASE PUMP, ECO 19 AIR METER, GLOBES, LOTS OF GREAT CITIES SERVICE ITEMS, AND ABOUT LOTS OF VERY RARE AND UNUSUAL OIL CANS. THERE ARE MANY PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 715-977-1066 ROLLIE SMITH, SMITH SALES. I AM SORRY BUT THIS IS A LIVE AUCTION ONLY WITH NO INTERNET BIDDING AT THIS TIME, WE WILL TAKE ABSENTEE BIDS ON A FEW OF THE MORE RARE ITEMS. CALL FOR DETAILS.
THANKS
http://www.midwestauctions.com/smithsales/smith_february_18.htm

[This message has been edited by ROLLIE (edited 02-11-2006).]

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Old Gas Rollie Looks like a great auction.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
R
ROLLIE Offline OP
OP Offline
R
THANKS GASOILDUDE, THIS IS A GREAT AUCTION AND SHOULD BE A LOT OF FUN. THIS IS THE SECOND OF 2 AUCTIONS FOR DAVE GIESKE AND THERE ARE ITEMS HERE FOR THE BEGINNING OR ADVANCED COLLECTOR. THIS IS A PRIVATE COLLECTION AND NOT A CONSIGNMENT AUCTION THAT IS BEING SOLD.
THANKS

S
S
Looks like a great auction. Cool air meter. I am going to be late though, I have to work until noon. Anyone else going?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Safticycle,
Looks like it could be a very good sale.
I'm considering attending. I'm waiting for a reply from the auctioneer on specific items. So far all I've received is spam email from him but not a direct response to my questions. Hopefully he will get back to me in the next couple of days. Otherwise I'll attend another auction that is only 3 hours away instead of the 6 hours to the WI sale.

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 02-13-2006).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm getting his "Spam" too. I've asked to be removed from his list. I hope he responds to my request.

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would recommend getting enough information/more images from Rollie (Rollie Smith the auctioneer) on any item and its condition to your satisfaction prior to leaving an absentee bid.

Kim

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters
C
C
That is good advice Superamerica Man for anyone for any auction. I have called Rollie Smith on different occasions and he has been very fair on describing items. It looks like Dave has been collecting a long time, I hope he does well. See you there.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Bob,

Are you going to this sale? If so, let me know I may want to bid on an item.

Thanks, Phil

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Phil,
The auctioneer did get back to me but I won't be going to this auction after all.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
C
C
I thought I would share a little about the Dave Gieske auction. There were some good items and some good buyers at this western Wi auction. I didn't have my camera so I can't share any pictures but a few of the highlights were a Wayne 71 Showcase pump that brought $4750, Eco Air Meter that brought $3000, Stanocola Polarine Flange sign-$475, 1941 painted BF Goodrich sign-$1150 and a unique Champion Spark Plug Sign that brought $1700. I think there were only 4 original globes which seemed to do about average, and there were many oil cans that sold real well. I got a Good Gulf Porcelain Flange sign and a Colonial Gasoline Porcelain sign, not much but a fun day....

R
ROLLIE Offline OP
OP Offline
R
THANKS FOR COMING TO THE AUCTION CUSH. WE HAD A GREAT AUCTION AND PRICES WERE STRONG ON THE MORE UNIQUE AND RARE SIGNS, AND OIL CANS. I TALKED TO DAVE GIESKE AFTER THE SALE AND HE WAS VERY HAPPY. WE HAD A GREAT CROWD THAT TURNED OUT CONSIDERING IT WAS -18 BELOW ZERO ON SALE MORNING.
THANKS ROLLIE SMITH

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved