Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68912 Mon Feb 12 2007 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
When I did the COTM for powerine I took much of the info and put it on my personal website cataloged into different areas. I updated the site to make navigating a little easier and used thumbnails so you would not have to click on links to pictures they were boring. Just thought I would let the global oldgas community know!
http://www.frontrangegas.com/powerine.htm

------------------
Scott Wright-

Scott Wright
#68913 Mon Feb 12 2007 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks awesome Scott.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Quart Picture Cans
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#68914 Mon Feb 12 2007 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott, Site looks great. I hope you understood i was saying i just hope you asked permission before you used people photos. I took it upon myself to think some people don't care and i was wrong because some do and don't want there pictures used. I didn't say anything about linking to another site so where Chris got that at i don't know.

Now on that note i am done posting on oldgas for awhile because people just can't help someone without getting mad.

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 02-13-2007).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#68915 Mon Feb 12 2007 10:31 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Site looks great Scott!
And I doubt Scott used any picures without permission from the people who posted them and I don't think that there is anything wrong with providing a link to an oldgas page from another site. Scott had permission from me long ago to use anything from Powerine that I posted in any way he wanted to. Some of those items he now owns. Some others I was disappointed not to see posted on his site as individual pictures. They are in the link.
After I did the Frontier COTM someone from Australia I think emailed me to say they saw the post and wanted to provide a link in their site. He had already checked with oldgas I guess but said he wanted to check with me too. I was flattered that he wanted to link to it. Once you post something on the internet you are going to have a hell of a time keeping people from providing a link to it. Thats kind of how it works.
Anyway...good looking site Scott. I need to get the Frontier site up!
CHris

#68916 Tue Feb 13 2007 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Permission has been given, no worries there. I think there were only a couple guys who provided photos other then the ones I personally scanned. No worries...

I think these niche sites are cool. Some day I will make it have a slide show but that will take some brain power.

------------------
Scott Wright-

Scott Wright

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved