Print Thread
#71139 Mon Mar 01 2004 08:19 PM
D
dodogas Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
I am tring to put together a small meet for the Long weekend in May up here in BC.

4.5 hrs east of Vancouver, 7 hrs from Seattle.

This is same weekend as KNOX MTN HILLCLIMB, 2nd oldest hillclimb in North America.
We are trying to get an old garage to hold the meet at, it is walking distance from the hill climb. the meet will be held outside the garage which we will try to make look like an oldtime gas station, it is a repair shop now.

This is not completely confirmed but looks pretty good, only a couple vendors so far, trying to get POGO to bring his globes, could be lots of fun!! Email me if you are interested in a table or call 250-763-7223..dodogas

#71140 Tue Mar 23 2004 11:15 AM
D
dodogas Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Okay, It will be a go, I got the yard in front of an old gas station which is a corner lot near the Hillclimb event.

Basically I will try to round up a few vendors with emphasis on gas & oil & aotomobilia. And will try to dress up the old station to look like a gas station again. I will probably drag a lot of stuff from my collection there some for display some to sell.

Mostly I want to try this out as the hillclimb is a well attended gearhead type event and depending on response will likely be a lot bigger next time

I will post info on date soon have to check calendar, most likely nearest Sat to thye 21st of MAY..................dodogas

#71141 Wed May 12 2004 08:02 AM
D
dodogas Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Ok the 22nd and 23rd it is, decided to go two days. It will be called RETROPETRO #1 !! and will be at the Old Chevron, corner of Ellis St & Bay Ave. Will drag all kinds of goodies down there, if you are in the area ..drop by...probably have a Pepsi cooler with RoDeoPoP !

It will be very busy in town, with the Hillclimb and the Memorial Cup hockey action, plus usually busy due to being the first warm Holiday weekend.

If you PNW guys want to ever get up here and have a look-see they now have flights from Seattle direct to Kelowna, hey its getting easier.

If anyone has pumps or signs nearby to sell call me. 250-763-7223

#71142 Tue May 18 2004 10:33 PM
D
dodogas Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Well only a few more days to PetroPetro Garage sale. Well looks like we will have a slotcar track set up hopefully, Compuwrench is bringing the genuine Coney Island Hot Dog Cooker. The slot car guy has some NaSCAR & die-cast goodies. He is probably bringing some limited edition oil trucks, low numbers and have beeen off the market a few years, a guy I know got the licensing to have them made sold some about 5 yrs back and stopped til now . So they are fresh and most are under 1000 made. Also they will bring the 51 Chevy 6x6 made from a pickup, its cool and for sale. Garage Sale is only 2 minutes from my shop, will have more stuff there, so a few people will get the tour. Any Oldgassers let me know if you are coming!...dodogas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved