Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HELLO MY FELLOW GAS GEEKS. THIS IS THE KICK-OFF OF THE BOTW ..."BUY OF THE WEEK." ALTHOUGH DONE SOMEWHAT INFORMALLY ONCE A WEEK ONCE IN A WHILE BY CHEESE AND OTHER MEMBERS, BOB, JIM AND MYSELF FELT THAT IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO START A WEEKLY THREAD AND CALL IT "BOTW."
WHILE I AM THE HOST I CAN HONESTLY SHARE A GREAT CATCH WITH THE REST OF YOU. THE TWO PICTURES BELOW ARE THE PRIZE OF WAITING PATIENTLY FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. THE PRIZE? MY FIRST AND ONLY ORIGINAL GAS GLOBE. I FEEL LUCKY THAT I GOT A LOCAL GLOBE AND IT IS A PRIZE IN MY COLLECTION.

I HOPE EVERYBODY MAKING A SCORE THIS PAST WEEK WILL SHARE THEIR BOTW WITH THE REST OF US. I CAN POST IMAGES AND STORIES FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT....PLEASE LEAN ON ME OR OTHERS THAT CAN POST FOR YOU.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT.

AND.....HAPPY COLLECTING....SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
drccoke@optonline.net

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 07-11-2004).]

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 07-11-2004).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OLDGAS MEMBER RUSS JACOBS SHARES HIS FIRST BOTW WITH EVERYONE:

"HI, BEING FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SIGHT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST YET SO WONDERING IF YOU COULD POST THIS IN THE BUY OF THE WEEK WHEN YOU START TONIGHT. AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET THIS SIGN OFF AN OLD TIMER, I FINALLY SUCCEEDED THIS PAST WEEK ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER PIECES BUT THIS WAS THE BEST PIECE."

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS RARE SIGN, RUSS...IT'S A BEAUTY!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Nothing great here but a few oil cans I managed to get at a fair price this past weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Neal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First off I want to say thanks to Jim for giving the thumbs up to make this a regular feature, and thanks to Doc for agreeing to host it. This new feature evolved from semi-regular topics that our members posted. As moderator of this forum I'm very proud of the work our team of hosts does to bring you all of our showcase features.

Doc,
That's a great globe. Especially for you first globe!

Russ,
Welcome to oldgas! That's a great sign you have there.
email me at lastgas15@aol if you need help posting.

Here's my first contribution to BOTW. It's stretching things a bit to include this with petroliana. I placed an absentee bid on this globe recently. It just arrived this past week. We're eventually going to build a new house and when we do, this globe will be directing everyone to the globe room in the basement.

Time permitting, I'll post pictures of a few other things I got during the week.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great job guys.....I love that sign Russ and Bob what a great idea on the globe. Nice globe DOC for your first. Can't wait to see more goodies.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, Misssouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Killer tire sign Russ!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a few of us have been busy finding stuff. Not me, just getting stuff done around the house.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great new thread guys. I always enjoy looking at the new pictures that people post of their latest finds. I really like that Basement globe Bob, never seen one like that.That is a really clean looking Flying A globe Doc!! Looks new old stock!!Russ your flange sign is very rare, great find!!

Happy hunting,
Rob

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Great new thread Doc. I always enjoy seeing what everyone has aquired. Great globes and that Southern Tire sign is awesome! Here are a few items I got last week. I won't be adding anything to next weeks posts! LOL

Great stuff, all you guys! That Southern Tire sign is wonderful! Bob, I can see you designing the staircase around that globe. Cool.
Here are a couple of items I got this past week. The first is a Bardahl oil can rack. The cans and the yellow dispenser were already in my collection. I also have a yellow/black Bardahl rack, but this is the older green/black style.

I never seem to bid enough on eBay for Zephyr items. Found this anti-freeze can yesterday for a reasonable price at an antique store while cruising 2 lane roads along the Missouri River. I think it will clean up to look a little better. Zephyr headquarters was only a few miles from my house.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
can't wait to see more of this topic. great find guys, would like to say welcome to russ, want to let you guys no he is a great guy to buy from and to sell to.and hes from the great state of michigan,hope you enjoy the site, as much as i have. great sign. cheese

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Old Gargoyle marine can- very early 1900-s old Gargoyle hardly ever seen- little rough but rare- says made for launches

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Here are my buys of the week. A Keynoil oil bottle stand,I already had the bottles, and a Champlin credit card sign.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
RYAN MILLER SENT THESE PICS IN FOR HIS "BOTW".....THANKS FOR SHARING!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice sign Russ. Is is porcelian or painted?

J
J
I picked up a Tokheim 610,

from fellow forum member Hotboat. This will be a fall/winter project, I have too much going on right now to even touch it.
Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved