Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96669 Sun Oct 19 2003 09:26 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just wanted to share with all of you my latest pump finds, and purchases. The first photo shows pumps found near San Luis Obispo Ca. and San Ardo/ Paso Robles area. I did have help on aquiring the national 10. A friend who lives in the area had to go back at least 4 times to get the elderly man to part with it. It did not have the poly globe on it when it was found. The porclien is near mint except some small chips on the top. You will then see a picture of it in my front entrance of our house set up. I love to stop and look at it every time I walk by.
The next photo is a photo of last weeks finds including some of the other pumps that you already saw. I found those Gilbarcos and a Tokheim 300 out in a field some where in an abandoned town ,"Mohave desert". It was one of those fun treasure hunt days. The man who I had to find ended up selling them to me for a great low price. Half the battle sometimes is finding the owner of these treasures.
Hope all of you enjoy these pictures.
Happy hunting, and have a great week.

GasPumpRob,CA.

-------- ----------

[img] ]http://www.cruisin66.com/oldgas/~LWF0jpg.jpg[/img]

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 10-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 10-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 10-20-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#96670 Mon Oct 20 2003 08:22 AM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Nice find Rob, love the National!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
#96671 Fri Oct 24 2003 11:01 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Does anyone no where I could find new faces for the national 10? I can't find a listing in Ron Scobie's catalog. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

------------------

#96672 Sat Oct 25 2003 08:00 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
GREAT HAUL "GASPUMP ROB"!! I THOUGHT CALI HAD BEEN PICKED OVER?? NO PUMPS LEFT?? WELL YOU SHOWED US.... I ALSO HAD A GOOD DAY THIS WEEK.. AFTER A LONG DAY LOOKING AND LOOKING,,, A FELLER IN THIS CAFE ON OUR WAY HOME STRUCK UP CONVERSATION WITH US AND ASKED WHAT WE DOING IN THESE PARTS.. I TOLD HIM EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE AFTER,, THEN HE LOOKED AWAY FOR A MOMENT,,,, THEN LOOKED BACK AND SAID,," YOU MEAN THE KIND WITH THE GLASS ON TOP THAT YOU PUMP BY HAND??" YOU ALL CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE...... HE HAD TWO VISIBLES AND A TOKHEIM 39 TALL,, AND A WAYNE 70.. THE OLD DODGE DAKOTA [ DUDE,, NO HEMI !!!] WAS MAXED OUT.. I'LL GET THEM IN A ROW AND TAKE A PICTURE LATER TODAY..

#96673 Sat Oct 25 2003 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah T-Bone!! That is an awesome story. I can't wait till you post a picture of those pumps! It is so exciting to find pumps on your own instead of just buying them from a show. Brings out the gatherer/hunting instinct that men were born with.

Rob

#96674 Sat Oct 25 2003 02:59 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
HERES A COUPLE QUICK SHOTS....

#96675 Sat Oct 25 2003 09:04 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Torkiki get out of Dodge man..I thought you were a Big Block Chev guy?? What happened to your gas-horking 454 truck?? Frankie you are learning fast . The old pull up at a cafe with a couple pumps on the back of the truck, hang out and eat pie for a while, next thing you know..you find pumps!! I bet in the middle states the hot place to go is tractor repair shops, slide in there ask around, them guys gotta have something on them farms, dont hurt to ask.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Methinks its time to get back in the hunt...dodogas

#96676 Sat Oct 25 2003 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Great Score T-bone!
That's what I am talking about that high one gets when making the score with farmer John who mentions the visible out back behind the barn only to discover the Tokheim 39s, Wayne 70s etc. in the background. What a rush! Then the adreniline is flowing "how much for all the pumps you ask" . He says" make me an offer" "how about a hundred bucks a piece I reply". The farmer replied "how about one hundred for all three" I could not believe it. This really happened to me! This is that moment that we all long for, loading the pumps or should I say over loading our trucks. Proudly hauling our treasures home. Love that smell!!! New toys. Next day go looking for more. Ha Ha Ha Soon no more all gone. Just memories!Any one want to add to this madness?
Rob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved