Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

GOOD EVENING LADDIES & LASSIES!
HOPE EVERYONE MOTHER HAD A GREAT DAY WITH THEIR FAMILIES, BUT NOW HERE @ OLDGAS.COM WE, THE COLLECTING COMMUNITY HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF SOME MUCH MORE SERIOUS BUSINESS!

IT'S TIME FOR "BUYS OF THE WEEK" AND AS YOU CAN SEE I INCLUDED THAT BIG DOLLAR MOBILOIL SIGN THAT RON AND REX WERE FIGHTIN OVER INTO THE "BOTW" BANNER!

RON SPEAKS OF HAVING A BEYOND SUPER RARE, ONE UVA KIND SIGN THAT HE'S DEF GOT ME ALL WORKED UP OVER, SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT!

AS FOR MY OWN "BUYS".....WELL, I THINK I'VE BECOME A BUYER OF THE POOR MAN'S MUSEUM SCHOOLING. GOT THESE SIMPLE BUT NICE GEMS AT A YARDSALE LAST WEEK FOR 20 CENTS EACH...DO THE MATH! I ALMOST WALKED AWAY WITH NOTHING, THEM DECIDED TO POKE MY EYES AND NOSE INTO AN OLD SET OF KITCHEN CABINETS AFFIXED IN THE GARAGE FOR STORAGE.....NEEDLESS TO SAY.....I WALKED AWAY SMILING.....SIMPLE PLEASURES IS ALL IT TAKES!

NOW I WILL CHECK MY EMAILS FOR MORE BOTW'S. PLEASE SEND YOUR STORIES AND PICS TO ME IF YOU CANNOT POST IMAGES....I WILL GET THEM ON FOR YOU!
drcoke@optonline.net

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
YOUR BOTW HOST!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
DCPATE ASKED ME TO POST THIS INTERESTING SEQUENCE OF A NEON SIGN HE GOT THIS WEEK....

Doc--
Found a local guy with a boom truck to take it down for $150--I thought he
was going to get hurt or the sign was going to come crashing down but it
turned out well...
Chad

THE 60+ YEAR OLD TREASURE.....

2 MEN + 2 BUCKETS = A SUCCESFUL NEON SIGN REMOVAL....

AND AWAY SHE GOES....

NICE FIND CHAD! THANKS FOR SHARING!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 05-08-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Picked up this stuff at a local swap meet this weekend for less than $100 including the small texaco pump plate and lunch.
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91d23a011af800000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91d2255e5a3000000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91d23a391ac000000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91d23a2d1ad400000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db29b3127cce91d225d9db8700000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Quart Picture Cans
Kansas City, Missouri 64152

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Thunder Got His Lubester!!!!

I picked this up at a customers place. I always do a "walk around" to see what the customer is getting rid of. (I'm in the Roll-off/scrap metal business) As I walked around the stuff, I asked about this, He said "It goes" So I said "It's kinda cool, I'll just take it now" I could not wait to get started on it. I stripped it, primed it, and painted it. I can't wait to get decals on it. It has Bennett cast into the handle, but no tag or any other numbers. It needs a new hose, the original is all rotted and mushy, so it's not in the photo. Any idea of what it's worth? I just got to show my wife that I did Good!!!!

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 05-08-2005).]

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Here is some BOTW I picked up at Dayton Gas this weekend.
A Mobil battery tester.

A Mobil outboard grease container

Mobil Tube and box.

I also bought some grease guns to fit in the rack I bought last weekend.

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
WOW TERRIFIC STUFF GUYS .......DOC I KINDA LIKE THAT BANNER.....
NITA TOOK THIS PICTURE OF HI-SPEED GREG AT OHIO GAS HE JUST PICKED UP THIS GREAT GLOBE...LOOKS HAPPY O'YEAH!!!!!WAY TO GO GREG.

LETS SEE MORE
REX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great stuff guys! I'm going to have to go to the swap meets that Scott goes to. He always finds stuff at a good price.

That's a killer sign Ron. Not many Ethyl signs around with General Motors on them. That pretty much dates in to the mid-twenties.

Hi-Speed Greg gets the prize for the happiest guy at Ohio Gas. I could tell why after seeing his great globe!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Did some kicking around this weekend and this is some of what I came up with.

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi got a few things- from Rhinebeck NY swap meet-even found a 5qt i didnt have- somehow it missed these pics

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[This message has been edited by 5 quart (edited 05-08-2005).]

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I'm glad to see that Doc is getting in the spirit of the garage sale junky.

I didn't have much shopping time this week so my buy is a meager one. Scored a two sided Texaco sign from a local car buff.

Last weekend I picked up this display case at a garage sale cheap. As you can see I haven't got around to filling it yet. I'm doing a major rearrangement of the "museum" and I sold off a couple of pumps so I have more space for more ????

Best part about the cabinet was that a couple of drawers were full of old postcards and literature including a map of Disneyland from 1968 when my brother and I were kids. We used to have the same map and we would study it before going to Disneyland to plan out what rides we were going to use our "E" tickets on. We lived about three miles from Disneyland so we went at least once a year. Most non-petro fun I've had in a long time looking at that map again (of course there was "Autopia").

C Cragg
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
heymorgan nice texaco signs are they for sale
let me know texacoman@comcast.net thanks rick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's my botw's:

I got a great deal on these signs not sure what i'm gonna do with 2 of them but the price was right.

All the socony & mobil items came from 1 very nice garage sali,I got very lucky.
the lantern is not petro but is a fairly rare NY O&W (ontario & western).Just thought ya'll might enjoy it.The lead soldier mold casts 5 WW1 soldiers & is from the 20's or 30's.
Hope i didn't bore ya with my ramblings?

Got Socony???

Tom
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings