Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111770 Thu Sep 22 2005 06:25 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well gang, here it is again. The crooks are at it again. Everyone please be advised, this is Ralph White's sign he bought 6 or 8 months ago. Very rare and the crooks are using the SAME pictures. This **** is runing ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEON-FORD-AUTHORIZED...1QQcmdZViewItem

#111771 Thu Sep 22 2005 08:33 AM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
This guy is all messed up... Read the description etc. Jukebox???

------------------
Frank

Frank
#111772 Thu Sep 22 2005 09:01 AM
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Maybe someone should try to contact the bidders and give them a heads up. Also, someone might want to notify ebay. Is there a way to post a question to the seller so the question shows up so bidders can see what this guy is doing?

Also look at the guy's feedback which is zero.

Not cool at all.

Mac

#111773 Thu Sep 22 2005 09:31 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I like the part where he can ship juke boxes to most countries, especially Europe. Is this guy on drugs or what!! Guess he figures the Brits won't come gunn-in for him. He must be a majior stock holder in Fed-Ex.

WANTED:::Barn Hangers...and other fine junk...
#111774 Thu Sep 22 2005 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seems to me I remember that when you ask a Seller a question, it somehow appears within the auction for that item below the descriptions shipping and payment terms.

Why doesn't someone ask (question) why he is selling someone else's sign, saying they smell a rat but not really pointing the finger and crying rat! Just be casual! Make 'em SWEAT!!!!

DOC @ TAG's

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#111775 Thu Sep 22 2005 10:01 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
DOC, I did e-mail this guy on ask seller a ? and, i think it is up to the seller if he want's the world to see the ?, or keep it private. after all, he's keepig the biders private so no ont can e-mail them. any one that has been on e-bay for some time can spot this con right off. feel sorry for them new e-bay-ers that are biding on this. my ? i e-mailed him was a mouth-full..

WANTED:::Barn Hangers...and other fine junk...
#111776 Thu Sep 22 2005 12:46 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm bidding on this till the very end... do you think I'll pay the seller... NOT... my feedback is strong enough to take a hit if he wants to leave negative. Gonna keep him strung along... should be fun.

#111777 Thu Sep 22 2005 03:26 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
i emailed him and asked if he would sell me the sign off ebay. this is the email he sent me....... Hi
This sign is in nice shape. Everything is in really nice condition. Please
refer to the pictures for an accurate description. I will ship it from
Granada, Spain where I am currently located. I will end my auction soo so I
can sell it off ebay. For security reasons I preffer using escrow.com. I
will ship it to you very easy. You will just have to pay an extra $60 for a
crate chosen by you. You will also get a 5 days inspection. We can split
the taxes. The BYN is $4500
I uploaded an archive with the pics and you will have to dowload it for
there. I got many emails requesting pics and I have a bad internet
connection. here is the link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5416009/FordSign.exe.html

Thank you,
Martin

#111778 Thu Sep 22 2005 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like to have fun with these guys too.

My email:

>Martin,
>
>I have been looking for one of these Ford Signs for a very long time
>and am very interested. However, it says something about a juke box in
>your listing (see below). Is that a typo? Also, would you be willing
>to stop the auction and sell this item for $3900. I will be in up in
>your neck of the woods in about 3 weeks and could pick up the sign in
>person. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks. ~Jason

His response:
Hello Jason
There is a typo in my listing, thanks. I will also include shipping in the BYN so the price is fair. I will ship from Granada, Spain. I cant sell under $4300 (with shipping included). Tahnk you, Martin

If nothing else we are driving him crazy. Have a good one. ~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

#111779 Thu Sep 22 2005 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was thinking. Let's see who can get this guy to agree to the lowest price. He's down to $4300. Who can get him to go lower?

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

#111780 Thu Sep 22 2005 04:39 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
i emailed him i told him im only 20 miles away would like to pick it up hven't heard back yet

#111781 Fri Sep 23 2005 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like ebay ended the auction. It took long enough. I'm sure they got plently of emails about this one. Here is the email I got from my bid.

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 4577319123

Item Title - NEON FORD AUTHORIZED SERVICE "DIECUT" PORCELAIN SIGN

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue recouping your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment 3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department 4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram) 5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

~Jason

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved