Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110663 Sat Oct 01 2005 04:06 PM
I
OP Offline
I
HI GUYS,
WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT ITEM #7186575506 GAS SIGN. "I DON'T KNOW THE SELLER" THOUGH I DO KNOW THIS SIGN WELL!!! I TRIED TO SELL IT FOR THE OWNER THE FIRST TIME AROUND IN IT'S COMPLETE FORM. THIS PERSON IS SELLING IT AS A GAS SIGN OUT OF WISCONSIN. IT IS REALLY FROM INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA 2 SIGN FROM A SET OF 4 PIECES (I'VE GOT THE OTHER 2). IT'S REALLY SUPPOSED TO READ: MANDARIN INN CHINESE FOOD & COCKTAILS,NEVER GAS!
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SAY WHAT I KNOW ON THIS PIECE. SOMEONE MAY LIKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS NOW BUT IT WILL NEVER BE A TRUE GAS SIGN. AND THE MAN WHO ORIGINALLY OWNED & SOLD IT SHOULD OF TOLD THE TRUTH TO THIS BUYER. IF ANY ONE WANTS A PICTURE OF THE COMPLETE SIGN I'VE GOT IT.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I figured this was not a Wadhams sign as they lead you to believe. I was VERY suspect of this sign when I first saw it...something just looked wrong - the colors are not Wadhams colors at all. I was going to pass on it...but it would have bothered me not really knowing for positive as to it's origin. Thank you very much "indgasman" for the alert. I'd like those pictures of the original sign if you would want to send them to me....Wadhams@dwave.net
Jim

[This message has been edited by Mr.Wadhams (edited 10-01-2005).]

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
I
OP Offline
I
Your welcome,
I too took a look then the chip made me think (above the dragon) that this was the same dragon as the one in my picture. I will email the pic.indgasman

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Post it here...
We would all like to see the "real thing"...
Thanks,

------------------
Frank

Frank
I
OP Offline
I
Hi, you'll have to ask Jim to post I'm not sure I can. I'vbe sent him the pic.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here you go...

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
indgasman I remember when you had this sign on a few months back. This goes to show that you do have to watch what you buy. Most of the ebay people are fair & true but the ones that trick you are just there for the buck. Thanks for the heads up C****** tell J*** hello for me

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
I
OP Offline
I
Hey gasoildude-glad to know your still out there-/LOL/. Yes, I had this one on ebay a few months back. I guess this is one of those "fantasy signs"? I thought of chinese Christmas when I saw it on the tiny search pic. It would of been if they would of attached the bottom piece. Wonder why they didn't tub the whole thing? C & j says-Hello & to tell you we hope to bring some hard to find signs to ebay soon (as soon as we make the old farts some new ones-haha)

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Will keep my eye out

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved