It's hard to believe that I've been a member now for about 13 years. I had "lurked" a little before actually joining, like many often do, a bit worried the 'ol curmudgeon DB would probably have something to say to the "newbie" member, lol! I remember how fun it was at first, being really excited about the new hobby I'd taken up and showing off new finds with the membership. Sharing my first big acquisition, a 6' Red Crown thermometer, the Wayne 866 that a farmer friend gave me, my pair of Sinclair Aircraft signs find. It's nice to know I can still go back in the archives here on Old Gas and relive the memories of these finds, just too bad the photos are mostly gone! Darned Imageshack I used at the time!!

Like most "vets", I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm here on the site many times a day. I'm not on FB or any other social media sites by choice. I still actively collect but the prices of today have tamped down my buying, plus the simple reason I just don't have much room left! wink I still try and help out with any information I can add to threads I'm knowledgeable on. I also used to post frequently in "BOTW", but with the continued strong interest in the hobby and the value these items have attained in the last 10 years, I just don't feel as comfortable as I first did sharing new acquisitions. A sad sign of the times, but a sentiment shared by many on here I'm sure.

I enjoy this site immensely and will continue to remain active and help others along the way as I can!
Darin