Guys that buy and sell strictly for living should be paying taxes. How much... well that's up to them. What makes me mad is i been collecting 23 years this year now... i am a collector! I buy at auctions, gas shows, ebay and from other collectors! What makes me mad is ebay taxes me on a gas globe that was on a old gas pump! I didn't buy a new TV or radio! I do this for fun and hopefully if i sell it some day make a buck or 2... when that day comes and they decide to tax me they are going to have to prove i didn't pay sales tax for all my items and prove what i paid. This is not a business for me... i am not keeping "records" of taxes and expenses associated with this stuff.

Market place on facebook is fishing... if you pull a ad its asks "if you sold it". Then it sends people that replied to your ad asking if "they bought it". They are trying to track what your selling and where. I only use paypal and refuse to use another platform for payment. When i sell something to other collectors i am fine with check or money order.

I am about done with facebook! Unfortunately there is so much gas stuff on facebook it hard to not look at it. Car stuff, gas and oil, boats, friends right now out weighs the ***** i have to deal with and look at. That margin is getting closer!

Oldgas is the original social media page for "true collectors". I say true collectors as guys that flip have went to facebook. The hobby has gotten a lot of greed in it today that used to not be in it. Everyone is about getting every dollar out of an item. I have sold items to other collectors as they collected what i had... been lucky enough when they found another piece they called me and sold my item back. Friends... that is what this hobby should be!

I will add 1 last thing... support those gas swap meets! Collector and friends you make are what makes this hobby a true hobby! 50% of the fun of a show is finding stuff and other is meeting people with the same passion as you! Plus... don't have to pay sales tax at gas show or worry about what government thinks as we deal in cash!