Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
TriCityGas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#756970 11/11/2020 12:52 AM
by TriCityGas
TriCityGas
I have been meaning to do more research with this group and have just been to busy. I am a former dealer from St. Charles, IL operating out of a 1928 independent gas station. The early brands of gas were Red Hat, Globe, and Aviation brands sold by the McCornack Oil company. You can see the building and some old 1928 archive photos I donated back in 1990 when I was forced out of business, nothing unique, it happened all over the country as the oil companies were now allowed to eliminate their dealer network and operated company stations.

I say that I have been too busy, that being the research of my station, my father's business, the neighbor's and so on. I have documented the various local dealers, the brands of gas and oil sold taking the history all the way back to the blacksmith shops and general stores with a gas pump out front. The manuscript is 492 pages with over 570 illustrations, now in the hands of the editors and formatting people.

Hope to have it ready for publication in early December and I am like an expectant father. Look up my gas station photos by doing a search for the St. Charles History Museum in St. Charles, IL and you will see my station in all of it's glory as the city museum.

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and photos.
Liked Replies
#757408 Nov 24th a 03:10 AM
by bsplichal95
bsplichal95
Welcome to OldGas!
1 member likes this
#757300 Nov 21st a 12:26 AM
by RedHat
RedHat
Welcome
1 member likes this
#756986 Nov 11th a 03:21 PM
by Skydog
Skydog
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
1 member likes this
#756984 Nov 11th a 01:18 PM
by Bill jr
Bill jr
Welcome to OLDGAS
1 member likes this
#756974 Nov 11th a 01:43 AM
by Tankar
Tankar
Welcome
1 member likes this
#756972 Nov 11th a 01:35 AM
by SandPCollector
SandPCollector
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your publication!
1 member likes this
#756971 Nov 11th a 01:30 AM
by advertologist
advertologist
welcome aboard .. ... cool

http://www.stcmuseum.org/
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved