Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Douglashwy, fuelboy, Gasman84470, Oldgas, Wasatch Man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by kjsplichal67
kjsplichal67
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great month of March! The participation has been outstanding so far and I am so grateful that I am able to do this for everyone. For this POTM (Pump Of The Month) we are going to do something a little different. I think mostly all of you would agree with me that the absolute best way to find a pump is to find it in the wild! It is a true treasure to find a pump let alone any gas and oil memorabilia that has not been through the hands of other collectors. So for this POTM you must post a picture of a pump in the wild, or a picture of a pump you found in the wild. If you do not have any pumps you have found in the wild, please feel free to post any pictures of pumps that are in the wild. If you post a picture of one of your pumps that you found in the wild, please share a little story about the pump. This POTM should be a blast because there is nothing better than farm fresh, barn fresh, station fresh, pumps . . .

My brother and I have found many pumps in the wild over the years, but this was my first pump so I thought I would share this picture and story with you all. My first pump was a farm fresh Wayne 60. My dad, brother, and I went to pick up another Wayne 60, Wayne 70, and some signs and cans in a small town in Kansas, and the guy whom we got the other stuff from said there was another pump that looked like the Wayne 60 down the street. So of course we drove down the road a bit and find the Wayne 60 sitting next to the fence line. The old guy wasn't sure if he wanted to sell, but my brother, who was dealing for me at the time, insisted he showed us the pump. He decided to sell it to us and the rest was history. Now I have been collecting ever since.

I apologize I am a day late. I hope to see some bad ***** pumps in the wild! Let's make this a great month. Enjoy!!
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by huskybob
huskybob
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Attached Images
3 members like this
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
Yes Great idea here are a few pictures.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by gasmelincelr
gasmelincelr
I caught a glimpse of this pump while driving on Rt. 2 in Charlemont Mass.
It took around three years to make a deal for it. My only clockface I’ve ever owned.
Thankfully my grandfather poured his foundation with a indented area for a wellhead.
It allowed me to put the pump in the hole and fit the ceiling height in my man cave.
It took a lot of rain drops to wash the fired on red paint off the Shell globe.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by huskybob
huskybob
[Linked Image][Linked Image]Taken today.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
That's a pump I had bought from a great guy named Richard Mac Mcintyre probably 20 years ago . He had a business in American Fork called the Nostalgia store . I ended up selling it after a year or two to a good friend in Murray . Then he past away and now it looks like you got it . It was a great original condition 615 . Its a small world.
Originally Posted by Douglashwy
Originally Posted by Wasatch Man
Great pictures Husky Bob
Looks familiar where was the picture taken?
1 member likes this
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
Shane the first picture is another picture of your pump laying in my trailer . Glad it went to a good home . Peter
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Morgan
Morgan
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
by huskybob
huskybob
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Gasman84470
Gasman84470
👍from me too.
1 member likes this
by huskybob
huskybob
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
More pumps in the wild or from the wild .
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved