Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
farmboy70, hawkike, Trevor
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#763380 05/03/2021 11:15 PM
by Trevor
Trevor
Just wanted to share how 1 seller is destroying history 1 sale at a time. Picture 1, what I bought. Following pictures describe the rest
And yes, that’s the packing material he used. Nothing was taken out of the box. All 5 are basically the same condition
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#763457 May 6th a 12:48 AM
by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
It's sooo simple,,
Full or empty.
Go to a carpet/flooring store and ask to buy a hard center cardboard tube from a roll of vinyl flooring, cut into 6" long lengths for US qts, 7" for imperial qts., wrap the can in plastic or newspaper and insert into the cut tube. If still worried about it you can wrap the tube in bubble wrap.
Easy Peasy...
Attached Images
3 members like this
#763399 May 4th a 04:15 AM
by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
So easy to ship quarts safely,,, SMH!
Did you pay through PP?
2 members like this
#763463 May 6th a 12:02 PM
by Speedracer
Speedracer
Originally Posted by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave
It's sooo simple,,
Full or empty.
Go to a carpet/flooring store and ask to buy a hard center cardboard tube from a roll of vinyl flooring, cut into 6" long lengths for US qts, 7" for imperial qts., wrap the can in plastic or newspaper and insert into the cut tube. If still worried about it you can wrap the tube in bubble wrap.
Easy Peasy...

For those of you who have bought cans from me, you know my packaging techniques. I do what Dave said, then I wrap the tube in bubble wrap, then I put it in a box with foam peanuts. I’ve never had a can get damaged.

I get my tubes from a carpet store and cut them to length on my saw.

-Steve
2 members like this
#763458 May 6th a 03:42 AM
by Rocadog
Rocadog
Excellent solution - thanks for the update!
2 members like this
#763400 May 4th a 04:19 AM
by advertologist
advertologist
obvious poor packaging by the seller, not the post office responsibility .. ... cool

hope seller packs those high dollar cans on his completed auctions better than he packed yours

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402808353030

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sarahja-641/m.html?LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved