Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
advertologist, buzzy56, capevettes, FordFool69, Jamie P, KentuckyT, Mark8216
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#774280 01/21/2022 4:17 PM
by RunningOnAll8
RunningOnAll8
Metal Texaco service station handing sign with restroom keys. Slight wear under left key as shown in the picture. Please feel free to message with any questions. $200 plus shipping.

measures 12” x 9”
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#774330 Jan 22nd a 05:45 PM
by Alex
Alex
You mentioned in your last post about doing more research. The For Sale section is not the right forum, but want to share with you some differences that I see that hopefully will help you. The "please return key" script is different. Especially the word please. The script in the lettering is different, especially the "swoops in the P and last E. Also, the "S" is very different. The lettering abocve the keys is slightly thinner than it should be. As Avertologist shows on his sign, you are missing all of the lettering on the back of the sign. As far as the keys, they "X and the A" are missing the distinct white outline trim. Also, the script of LADIES is wrong. Note the "L" for one. Also, the "MEN'S" key has the wrong script and the originals didn't use "MEN'S" with the possesive " 'S" Ladies and Men....they are plural...not possesive. I hope this helps. Again, I only mention these things as you indicated you needed to do more research. Regards...Alex
Attached Images
4 members like this
#774321 Jan 22nd a 05:57 AM
by champlinman
champlinman
Looks like a reproduction set to me, they were reproduced. Should have brass grommets on the upper mounting holes for one. Several other discrepancies as well.
3 members like this
#774285 Jan 21st a 07:42 PM
by advertologist
advertologist
Originally Posted by buzzy56
Approximately what year would that have been manufactured ? Thanks

texaco switched too the circle R trademark in '59 & changed logo's in '66
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#774343 Jan 23rd a 12:12 AM
by buzzy56
buzzy56
I did not want to outright say it but hoped the poster would go back and research it . A few things wrong with it .Was aware of them and information readily available if one was to research a little bit . Hate to see someone pay good money .Be disappointed in the future . Does the hobby no good .My very first post and question was a hint !
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved