Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Teach
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#774913 02/08/2022 2:03 AM
by Teach
Teach
I have always liked the Gilbert & Barker 65. I'm not sure why- maybe the sheer height, maybe because they are so early, but when we saw one in a local museum a few years ago and my wife took my picture with it, I decided I would find one. I came close to picking up a number of very rough examples to patch together, but held out for a better one, and I am glad that I did. This one was represented as having been used very little (never restored) and kept under cover. It is in such great shape that I thought that might be possible, but I think it is more likely that it is a very good older resto. The insides are like new...not quite new, but like new, but with a little age. It did not come with a globe or hose, but did have the original banana nozzle. I added the globe. The body is old, but has repro. lenses. The hose is also a repro. The globe body has already been repainted at some point, so I will probably paint it to match the blue on the pump.

At one point I remember reading a thread in which a member mentioned dropping one of these on himself and breaking one or both collar bones. I was grateful to have help from a friend who does tree work for a living, and although it is heavy, we didn't have any mishaps.

Oh yeah...I guess it is worth mentioning that I grew up down the street from Gilbert and Barker's West Springfield factory, and we store our RV in there during winters. The buildings have been refurbished and are being used for storage, a countertop business, and office space.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#775095 Feb 15th a 01:57 AM
by ALSS72
ALSS72
Nice pump I have one as well
Attached Images
1 member likes this