Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Jolly-John, RandyM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#783797 11/18/2022 1:17 AM
by Jalopynut
Jalopynut
I am currently restoring a Gilbert & Barker (G&B) model 177. This pump is really tall with the visible gas cylinder and should look great when fully restored. I am struggling with the brand choice and the related colors to paint it. I think that decision will depend on which globe I buy for it. To that end, I see on various web sites globes for sale that are 15” or 16” and even smaller sizes. Can anyone advise me what is correct for my pump?? What are we measuring? The lens or the globe body size? Is there a specific size requirement for the base or all the globe bases the same size? Are There any references available on the period correct globes to use or is this just a process of looking at vintage pictures? On a separate but related subject, are there any “pump junkyards” out there where I could find a few internal parts I am missing? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this and any help would be appreciated! Thanks - Jim
Liked Replies
#784906 Dec 9th a 01:49 PM
by Jarvis
Jarvis
I have a Valvoline Ethyl globe on early capco i am going to put on my Gilbert Barker T-176. I got mine is all blasted as of late last night. Taking it sun to the guy that is going to paint it. I am basing my restoration off this pic. It is a 13.5 globe on it... just because its a plastic body capco doesn't mean its not old... capco date back to the 30's.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#788909 Mar 12th a 03:29 PM
by Jarvis
Jarvis
This access panel came from Gas Pump Heaven and I purchased a patch panel but the ribs didn’t match at all so just used the bottom part below rib and save original rib.
I will post pics when I get all the brass bolts back from being polished and pump is put together.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved