Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Yellowzebra
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Yellowzebra
Yellowzebra
As per thread title, I now own TWO Gilbarco (also made by Wayne) T1 MOBIL round s/steel pumps, with BOTH pumps missing their T-O-P-S - these were always fairly BRITTLE after sun damage, and are rarely found intact....

My two pumps are both missing their tops, and - seemingly - no reproduction parts (yet) exist...

I have reached out to collectors, both in the States (incl. G.P.R.), as well as collectors in Australia, and there is a good demand for these T1 tops, if they can be reproduced, accurately...

Here in South Africa, the 'cheese' top on the T1 pumps AND the T1 oil-can display cabinets, was allegedly MOLDED locally, so I am on a quest with ENGEN (and before that, MOBIL...) to track down the company that did the molding, IN CASE such a mold still exists...

QUESTION: has anyone yet CONSIDERED trying to reproduce the tops, yet?
Has anyone the time to try and TRACK DOWN an old mold, that could be re-used to mold these tops?

Cheers, Chris, Cape Town.[u][/u]
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by philmccauley
philmccauley
I would be in for 2 also.
1 member likes this
by Craig Osbeck
Craig Osbeck
I need two sets of bottom skins, no one wants to ship.
1 member likes this
by dodgeman60
dodgeman60
I am also looking for the elusive top, just acquired a pump in good condition, i also have one extra panel for trade or sale.. Chris please let me know how your progress is going on getting the tops made.
1 member likes this

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved