Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
buzzy56, panhandlejack
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#597630 02/11/2015 11:46 PM
by K W FRITH
K W FRITH
A few years back, I collected a couple of lubester lids and I didn't like how they looked, because they were so plain that you really didn't even notice them hanging on the wall. I had been at another collectors house, and he had a lubester all painted up and the lid was painted up nicely and was real attractive.
I had an old friend here in town that was really good with a paint brush and had spent some time as a very accomplished sign painter, but only did it part time any more with the advent of the vinyl decal business.
I talked with her back then and she did a couple of lids for me and it looked very nice and really made them stand out. Over time, I accumulated a few more and finally got them ready for her to start on and she picked them up about 3 weeks ago. I told her I wanted them before my sale, as one would be going in there, and yesterday she brought them over.
I already have a standard oil lid that she had done previously for me, but the one with the slotted lip looks to be an earlier one, because it has a lot more detail in the casting and the "Indiana" lettering is different & bigger, so it will go on the wall too.
The Texaco she had done previously for me, but I wanted a couple subtle little changes in the coloring, and she redid part of it. Now its a matter of finding room to hang them up! LOL
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#789745 Apr 2nd a 09:52 PM
by advertologist
advertologist
Originally Posted by K W FRITH
There must be a few other collectors out there gathering these things? Lets see some pictures if you have any?

.. ... cool
Attached Images
4 members like this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved