Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jack Sim WHAT I FOUND IN MID-TOWN ST. LOUIS, MO -STILL OPEN - Fri Apr 03 2015 01:39 AM
This station is still in business. The manager didn't know when it had been erected, but guess sometime in the 1930s. He said in the 1990s the station had been converted to AMOCO, and all the signs outside were covered over. In the early 2000 they were remodeling again and discovered what was under the AMOCO signs. It was decided to restore it back to what it looked like in the 30s. I believe this is the only Standard station in the St. Louis area.

Attached picture std-1-.JPG
Attached picture std-2.JPG
Attached picture std-3-.JPG
Attached picture std-4-.JPG
More pictures:

Attached picture std-4-.JPG
Attached picture std-5-.JPG
Attached picture std-6-.JPG
That is a beautiful Station...

I wish it was in my "Hometown Area"... If it were, they would be charging me rent, because of the time I would be spending there!!!!!!!!!
VERY cool! Thanks for posting the pics!
Looks great!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: WHAT I FOUND IN MID-TOWN ST. LOUIS, MO -STILL OPEN - Fri Apr 03 2015 02:04 AM
Great find, Jack! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Please post the location or send it to me privately. I've got to visit.
That it awesome! Its beautiful!
I forgot to ask him what that big chimney was for. It looks like there is either a plate on it, or there once was.

Jack
deco style architecture- cool look... cool
Super Cooooooooll station
AweSome!!!!!
Awesome ! Thanks for sharing the photos!
That is fantastic!
That's awesome. Thanks for posting!
Very cool!
nice to see something saved and kept in use it this "throw away" world we live in today.

Bob
Thanks for sharing!!
That's cool. Chevron usually keeps one station branded Standard per state for trademark protection. I wonder if this is the one? It sort of looks like its still branded BP though.....
Holy Cow! There is a second one in St. Louis. Branded as BP. 3182 S Grand Blvd.

Lee

Attached picture 3182SGrandStLouis.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk