Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jack Sim BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 07:36 AM
First of all, thank you to Jim, for your automatic acknowledgement of my birthday.

Had been DB with us, he would have been all over me about my birthday. He would have asked me if I played any darts and he would have probably been all all over me about how much I had to drink during the last 24 hours, and if I had my kilt on.

I think of DB a lot, but I believe he wants us to all move one, hopefully someone from California will bring a case of oranges for all of us to enjoy.

Yes, well actually, yesterday the 16th I completed 80 years on this earth, and if anyone were to ask how much did you have to drink, I really can't remember. A very good friend of mine picked me and Cindy up and took us anywhere we wanted to go in his 1950 Willys Overland Conv. My wife bailed out early and him and I went to have a great time. We had more friends talking to us because of his car then the fact I was having my 80th birthday.

I know I am not the oldest person responding here on OG, but first I want to thank all of you who have purchased any of my books, I want to thank Jim for having a great place to come, even if it is for a question that has been asked many of times. Now I want to say, every year seems to be my last year that I will be at IG, but due to some circumstances, it appears I will be at IG this year. So, if you see an old guy that appears older than dirt and he is wearing a Korean Veteran hat, please stop and say hello.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Bass Master Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 07:44 AM
Happy Birthday Jack!! smile Hope you have many more! Brian
Posted By: blacktee Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 07:56 AM

Happy belated Birthday Jack ! Hope you have a blast at Iowa.
Posted By: jrsironworks Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 08:38 AM
Happy 80th Birthday. Whats your secret to staying up all night. You seem to post in the early hours. Will see you in Iowa
Posted By: wads Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 10:05 AM
Happy Birthday Jack!!!
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 11:06 AM
Happy Birthday!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 11:54 AM
Happy birthday Jack! What kind of beer do you drink?
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 12:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! FRANK
Posted By: redindianguy Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 12:17 PM
happy Birthday jack !!!!!!! Use to see this guy at Carlilse pa many years ago . he was surrounded by like 50 air meters . I said to myself those crazy Americans they think they are gonna sell all those air meters . I would walk by the next day and half would be gone . Then by the end of the show none left . Since then probably thousands of air meters sold . Smart guy , happy Birthday again Jack and many more.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 12:23 PM

Enjoy your day off Jack..

Attached picture santa-claus.jpg
Posted By: Tom R. Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 12:51 PM
Happy Birthday and many more. And thanks for all the education you have passed along to all of us who would otherwise be much less informed. And you are right-DB would be all over you.

Best Wishes
Tom
Posted By: Mike M. Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 01:10 PM
Happy Birthday Jack, Have a safe trip and hopefully our paths will cross at Iowa Gas!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Jack!

Don't let the sun bake you too much at IG....
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 01:30 PM
Happy Birthday Jack!....GB
Posted By: advertologist Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 01:33 PM
Happy 80th Birthday ... cool
Posted By: BryceG Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 02:45 PM
Happy 80th Jack... looking forward to the new book
Posted By: eshaver Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 02:50 PM
Jack, I guess I fist met you via your first book. I was in a Barnes and Noble when I spotted it . I have your second book as well . Have a wonderful Birthday celebration young man ..........
Posted By: Done4 Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 03:57 PM
Happy B Day Jack. Stay healthy and keep those beers a flowing!
Posted By: hotcidr Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 05:30 PM
Happy birthday Jack. I would be more than happy to bring a crate of California oranges to Iowa if I could only figure on how to hand them out to folks. I guess I could put them in the sign up area outside the inside vendor area. Any ideas guys
Ray
Posted By: nochevys Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday Jack!
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 06:59 PM
Happy birthday Jack .
Posted By: Nicole Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 09:35 PM
I'm guessing working hard keeps you sharp--or at least keeps you fed! You seem to be a pretty busy guy for someone hitting 8-0...

80 is a good span--my step dad turns 80 this year too. And he still works his business, and is really active. Brain or body, it's use it or loose it.

Happy Birthday Jack!
Nicole
p.s.I am just trying to imagine all the things DB had to say about your kilt!
Posted By: JimT Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 10:09 PM
Glad your hanging in Jack. Happy Birthday. I'm going to edit this as I dont mean to insult you by saying "hanging in" as you still contribute more than most to our hobby. Thank you.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 10:32 PM
Happy Birthday Jack!!!!!!
Hope to dig into some of that knowledge some day!!!!
Congrats and God Bless!!!
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: BIRTHDAY - Fri Jul 17 2015 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday Jack!
We're busy with the new baby plus moving this summer so I won't see you at Iowa Gas. Someone can take my spot next to Jack at the bar this year, lol. We usually keep that bartender pretty busy! Thanks for your never ending efforts and information.

Goober smile
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: BIRTHDAY - Sat Jul 18 2015 12:12 AM
Happy Birthday Jack!

Your contribution to this hobby can't be overstated. May you have many more birthdays and continue to enjoy life.
Posted By: Terry Flannery Re: BIRTHDAY - Sat Jul 18 2015 12:35 PM
80 is a big deal Jack and sounds like you brought it in right, with a party! Just one question, when you started selling air meters what were you getting for them and what do they sell for now? There are 2 listed for sale this week for $1150 and $1200 that sold.
Posted By: pumpdoc Re: BIRTHDAY - Sat Jul 18 2015 01:46 PM
Happy Birthday Jack!! Many More..
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: BIRTHDAY - Sat Jul 18 2015 02:16 PM
Happy Eight Oh Jack !

Here's to many many more. 🍺
Posted By: Viking1 Re: BIRTHDAY - Sun Jul 19 2015 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday Jack! As one of the "new guys" here, just let me say that your books and your literature have made this hobby so much more enjoyable! Half of the fun for me is in the "learning".

Many more Happy Years to you and God Bless!

Eric
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: BIRTHDAY - Sun Jul 19 2015 05:56 PM
Happy birthday Jack! I hope you enjoyed your 80th birthday, What you have done for this hobby is amazing, the books help so much. I can't wait to meet you at Iowa and introduce myself.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: BIRTHDAY - Tue Jul 21 2015 05:08 AM
Happy 80th Birthday Jack! Thank you for all of your helpful advise on this site. I hope to throw some darts with you in Iowa (and drink some beer). And last, but certainly not least, Thank You very much for your service in the Military.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: BIRTHDAY - Wed Jul 22 2015 03:52 AM
Speedracer and everyone else.

Thank you for all the good wishes.

Last week was great, my birthday started on Monday and lasted till the following Sunday, and I will admit I had something to drink almost everyday and more on some days. Even went to two dart tournaments during the week.
Yes, I will be bringing my darts with me during IG, but we need to find a board where we can shoot. The least I will shoot for is a beer, but have been know to shoot for more.

Time to let this post pass into the files, I'll see you all at IG, and at as many shows as possible.

Jack
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk