Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: PlainBroke Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Sat Dec 19 2015 10:29 PM
Picked this up today along with some other stuff.

Not sure what this was used for - maybe held towels on an island pole?

Can someone educate me - Thanks!

Attached picture stdbox1.jpg
Attached picture stdbox2.jpg
Attached picture stdbox3.jpg
Attached picture stdbox5.jpg
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Sun Dec 20 2015 04:35 PM
Depending on the dimensions it could be for a fire extinguisher
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Sun Dec 20 2015 07:53 PM
Not sure but it's cool. I doubt it was a towel dispenser. Would be useful to figure out if it could lock or not, too bad the handle is gone. Seems strange they make a fancy box like that for a fire extinguisher but maybe?
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Sun Dec 20 2015 07:54 PM
Whatever it was used for, it was mounted to the wall horizontally (due to the orientation of the logo, and the overlapping metal on the back - only on 3 sides).
Posted By: It's for sale Re: Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Mon Dec 21 2015 02:15 PM
Maybe truck mounted , service box?
Posted By: Gaspedler Re: Standard Oil Of Indiana - Metal box ??? - Tue Dec 22 2015 09:04 PM
Truck mounted with Flares (the old round kerosene type) maybe. Most of the sets I have are in metal boxes.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk