Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: rlovin871 Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info - Sun Feb 14 2016 03:26 PM
Hi, Guys. I am a new member that just found your website! I have a Guarantee Measure (Fry) Speedboy Model 70 visible gas pump that I am going to restore. It has been in my family for over 40 years. My mom and dad brought it home in the early 70's and my dad (an electrician) turned it into a yard light in the backyard ! Best I remember, they bought 2 pumps (used 1 for parts) for $15 total from the owners of a closed country gas station. Anyway, I have the pump now and am planning on restoring it. I've looked on the internet, but so far I haven't found too much information about the Model 70, only that it was made in 1928. I haven't been able to find many parts for it. Any information about the Model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info - Sun Feb 14 2016 03:53 PM
What info do you need ? It is a very simple pump. Dave
Posted By: rlovin871 Re: Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info - Sun Feb 14 2016 04:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. Basically, most sites that I have found list parts for Models 71, 72, 73 etc, but I haven't found that many for a Model 70. The information that I have found indicates that only a few thousand of the Model 70's were made. Are parts for the Model 71, 72, 73 etc interchangeable with the Model 70? Thanks
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info - Sun Feb 14 2016 06:04 PM
No. The 70,71,80, and 81 are basically similar.72,73,82, and 83 are similar. Pages 175-176 in Jack's book shows these models. Notice the section under the cylinder. Dave
He might not know about the book. Anyone have a link to it?

Travis
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Fry (Guarantee Measure) Speedboy Model 70 info - Mon Feb 15 2016 12:31 AM
Sorry, but the Gas Pump ID book (2nd Ed) is out of print and out of stock. As soon as I can work out a few details the 3rd Edition will be available.

I don't have any info on the 70, I felt luck I was able to find a color picture to use in my books.

Information on other Fry pumps can be found on this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/guarantee%20pumps.htm

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk