Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: kenr my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Fri Nov 18 2016 09:22 PM
This is what i paid for these turds everything here is NFS. Big learning lessons
Hood tire $150
shell pp. $270
Gilmore $150
The indian porcleain $110 im not sure if its fake
Red Crown $25
Firestone $125
mobile artic$125
66 small was $20 from a resale shop
Oilzum $100 not sure if its fake but i have never seen a real one
mobil pp 175
There are a couple more what dumb dumb
This was all before i found you guys and became educated

Attached picture 20161118_161009-816x612.jpg
Posted By: keithia Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Fri Nov 18 2016 11:37 PM
Firestone probably OK.
Posted By: JimT Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 12:03 AM
Takes quite a bit of humility to post this. I give you credit.I dont know if i could stand to look at that wall if it was mine. Hopefully you wont get stung again and can just say you had to pay 1250.00 for your entry into the hobby. All tolled I've been burnt far worse than that over the years.I thought the same-Firestone might be ok.. Best thing to do is get to as many shows as you can!
PS-Indian & Oilzum are bogus.
Posted By: kenr Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 03:17 AM
That wall is a bit hard to look at mostly because they where all being sold as real except the red crown which i knew was a repop . The biggest bumner was i found a wesite where i can buy most of them for $25.the firestone was bought at the petone show a month or so ago. So i need to put that on my real wall which i posted also......now i have some targets when i get ***** lol
Firestone is good to go to the other wall. All others are on the right wall.
Posted By: Done4 Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 01:40 PM
Don't feel too bad, we all have been taken one time or another in our collecting journeys. Takes a lot to admit that a booboo has been made. Good luck on filling your other wall up with the real stuff.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By Dave's Garage
Firestone is good to go to the other wall. All others are on the right wall.

Move the Firestone and know that you learned from the rest.

When I first got back into collecting I purchased a number of cheap repops just to fill gaps and ended up giving those signs to a young startup collector as a learning tool.

Thanks for posting and good luck collecting!!
Posted By: kenr Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 07:08 PM
Can someone verify if this sign needs to go on my wall of shame

Attached picture 20161119_112932-612x816.jpg
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 07:25 PM
I'm 99% sure it's a shamer Ken, but let's see what the consensus is!
Posted By: Tankar Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 19 2016 08:28 PM
Put it on the wall of shame.
Posted By: Fasturn402 Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Mon Nov 21 2016 03:07 PM
I have the Firestone. Paid $100.00 for it.
Do not know what to tell you? I have quit buying signs because there are to many fakes out there. Study this site all the time.
Even the guys in the know have trouble some times.
PS. What I have learned is if it is in my price point probably fake. LOL.
Posted By: kenr Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Mon Nov 21 2016 10:34 PM
lol
Posted By: kenr Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Mon Nov 21 2016 10:37 PM
wall of shame update the Firestone has been moved.
Posted By: Hawkestone Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Sat Nov 26 2016 02:30 AM
I'm with you Rob. If its affordable and still available my radar goes off. Got burned on a sign early on and now only buy signs from trusted connections. I have a shelf of shame Ken, so I feel your pain.
Originally Posted By kenr
Can someone verify if this sign needs to go on my wall of shame

Yes, fake.
Posted By: chevy350 Re: my wall of shame (not sure where to post) NFS - Fri Dec 02 2016 04:36 AM
My 2ยข are that as long as you learn something then it was not a complete waste. I find if I like something I buy it I don't care if it's real fake or what's trendy. They are some nice looking signs and would not mind having those on my wall.
cheers
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk