Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: old dog Farm Pumps - Mon Sep 25 2017 01:51 AM
I was out driving, checking out the rural area where I have been working and saw these two Gilbarko's

Attached picture 100_1372.JPG
Posted By: Alex Re: Farm Pumps - Mon Sep 25 2017 03:23 AM
So, are they coming home in the back of the truck?
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Farm Pumps - Mon Sep 25 2017 11:32 PM
Nice pumps!
Posted By: old dog Re: Farm Pumps - Wed Sep 27 2017 01:33 AM
Hi Alex. No they aren't in the pickup. I was not able to find anybody there to visit with.. They are pretty nice little pumps. They would make a real nice pair. Maybe ,,,, ESSO and ESSO extra.. LOL
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Farm Pumps - Wed Sep 27 2017 06:39 AM
What you have found are not farm pumps, they are just sitting on a farm.

Farm pumps are pumps that did not meter the price, just the number of gallons being pumped.

What you show are two pumps that proudly served many years on an island in some city, when it time for them to be replaced with new pumps, they were traded in to the someone who rebuilt old pumps and sold them to the next lower major stations, stations like mom and pops stations, stations that could not afford to purchase new pumps. When these pumps got old, again they were purchased by re builders who then sold them to oil companies who supplied gasoline to farmers. Usually these distributors gave the pumps to the farmers providing they purchased the gasoline from the distributer. So, the pumps you show are just some Gilbarco pumps waiting for someone to decide they don't need them anymore and will pass them on to someone like yourself who will restore them to their original beauty.

Jack Sim
Posted By: old dog Re: Farm Pumps - Thu Sep 28 2017 01:29 AM
Sorry for the confusion. I said farm pumps because that is where they are. I know they are G B 996's and not a gasboy. Thanks Jack, I'll be more carefull with my wording in the future.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk