Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bigandtall Sinclair red letter diesel "r" - Wed Oct 25 2017 11:39 PM
I passed on a rare pump plate today because I thought it was a fake due to the different radius of the "r" than what known originals look like for the green diesel and normal gasoline pump plates.

But now researching on this site, all examples of this red letter diesel Sinclair pump plate posted here have this different radius "r"

I've posted a known original green letter diesel plate and the red letter diesel plate to compare. At issue is the small "r" in "Sinclair"

Can anyone verify if the red letter diesel version is supposed to have this different "r" that peaks higher and has a different inner curve radius?

Attached picture IMG_4178.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4177.JPG
Posted By: keithia Re: Sinclair red letter diesel "r" - Thu Oct 26 2017 12:42 AM
Looks good to me. Plus it has the other characteristic that those plates have. Here is my original.

Attached picture sinclairdieselpumpplatered.JPG
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Sinclair red letter diesel "r" - Thu Oct 26 2017 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By keithia
Looks good to me. Plus it has the other characteristic that those plates have. Here is my original.

Thank you!!!
I got ahold of the seller and and was able to purchase it still! Figured it would be gone at $199 but it wasn't!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk