Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sat Oct 28 2017 07:31 PM
I regret to inform Oldgas.com members of Ron Throckmorton's passing today. He was one of my first contacts with a serious petroliana collector many years ago. Ron was probably the biggest and most knowledgeable glass oil bottle collector. He always had a smile and would take the time to answer questions. This was an unexpected shock for his family and many friends. Rest in Peace, Ron. Prayers for Suzie and family.

Description: Ron Throckmorton
Attached picture ronthrockmorton.jpg
Posted By: trifiver Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sat Oct 28 2017 07:54 PM
Sad Stuff ,

Rest in Peace, Ron. Prayers for Suzie and family .

Sid
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sat Oct 28 2017 08:39 PM
Ron and Suzie always had the space next to me at Iowa Gas in the 90s and early 2000s. Great people. Kyle Moore, Jackie Knott, Ron and many others helped a young guy get started in gas and oil collecting. I will never forget these people always having time to answer what I thought were dumb questions. Rest in peace Ron. I am sure Terry Hasek will be after you again one of these days and we will hear the bickering from the clouds!
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sat Oct 28 2017 11:14 PM
rest in peace Ron. thanks.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 12:17 AM
I never got to meet Ron but talked to him several times about bottles and he was always a pleasure to visit with. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 12:22 AM
He was a great guy...RIP Ron...
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 01:30 PM
Sad news, he will be missed. Oddly enough when we met at a swap meet we wouldn't talk gas and oil, we would talk about racing dirt bikes. He was before my time and knew many of the off road legends.

Tom.
Posted By: Done4 Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 01:33 PM
Sad news, I've known Ron for a long time and will remember him forever.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 01:58 PM
Sad to hear, he was one of my first "big name" contacts when I first started collecting. Always helpful and even told me I was not asking enough for a bottle I was selling to him. Rest in Peace Ron
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Sun Oct 29 2017 04:52 PM
Yes, Ron was one of those guys in the old gas hobby, who seems to have been with us "forever". We had a short, but fun chat at Iowa Gas this year.

His upbeat attitude and desire to be of help to other collectors never changed throughout all the years I knew him. My deepest sympathy to Suzie and the Throckmorton family. John
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 02:31 AM
Sorry to hear of Rons passing. He was a fixture at Columbus and other shows.
My condolences to his family.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 10:58 AM
my deepest sympathy
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 11:42 AM
RIP Ron. Your smiling face will be missed.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 11:48 AM
RIP.
Posted By: wocopep Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 12:08 PM
Ron was one of the first guys, besides Dick Bennett, that took the time to help when I had a question. I was able to help Ron on a purchase down this way years ago and it was fun to return a favor. He was always ready to give advice and help to anyone. Ron will certainly be missed.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away - Mon Oct 30 2017 09:07 PM
Very sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk