Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: john deere 6430 Help with a Wayne 70 - Fri Nov 03 2017 09:43 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of how the pump face trim is installed on a Wayne 70? Also what color are the pointers that are beside the numbers suppose to be? Mine look like they are copper. Thanks
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Sun Nov 05 2017 12:46 PM
No pictures available here but, the trim pieces screw to the door back so when closed they highlight the faces. Number pointers were either red or white. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Sun Nov 05 2017 01:42 PM
Do they actually hold the glass in place? Do you know which pieces of the trim go on the top and bottom of the glass frame? I know which pieces go on the sides but there is a piece shaped like an angle that either goes on the top or bottom but I am not sure where. Any helped would be appreciated. The PO had the pump really messed up. Thanks
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Sun Nov 05 2017 05:36 PM
The trim pieces attach after the glass is in place. They have an angled piece for the bottom. If you put that piece at the top.....the light could not get to the faces to light them. Gas pumps were engineered to be very basic and logical. Usually by looking at the problem and adjusting parts, you will find a solution. The parts only fit one way in most cases. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Bass Master Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Sun Nov 05 2017 05:49 PM
Here is a picture, as Paul said top is left open to shine light down. Hope it helps, Brian

Attached picture 20171105_124321.jpg
Posted By: john deere 6430 Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Sun Nov 05 2017 07:29 PM
The description of where the pieces go and then the picture really helps. With this info and a few little pieces I am waiting for I can finish my pump. Thanks
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Help with a Wayne 70 - Mon Nov 06 2017 04:15 AM
Here are some pictures of the 70. You should look at them because Wayne made a few versions of the 70.

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%2070.htm
http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%2070-2.htm

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk