Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Miken Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 06:52 PM
Need some help. A friend gave me a Buick sign as gift and I'm pretty sure its a repo. She got it at an antique store and the guy told her it was real. Its a 10 3/4" painted tin sign. Says Authorized Service around the edges. Buick across the middle with Valve above that and In Head below. Not sure what she paid for it but don't want her getting ripped off. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 07:20 PM
Please post a photo or two. I've never seen a real "valve-in-head" sign that small. Smaller repro copies of large Buick signs have been made by multiple companies.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 07:36 PM
Originally Posted By Oldgas
Please post a photo or two.

front & back .. ... cool
Posted By: Miken Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 07:36 PM
I haven't posted pics in so long that not sure how. At one time I think I had to use photo bucket. I'm pretty sure this is a Andy Rooney sign. Buick is very slightly raised.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 07:57 PM
Here are links for help with different ways of posting pictures in your message.
Pictures of the File Manager direct image upload step-by-step process:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129148#Post189696

Resize first by using our "EZ Image Resize to use in other forums" gallery:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=32
Posted By: Miken Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 11:10 PM
I followed those steps and nothing is loading. Says I have two files in the file manager. Hit done adding. Clicked preview nothing shows up.
Posted By: 42packard Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 11:48 PM
Here are the pictures

Attached picture thumbnail_DSC03332.jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_DSC03333.jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_DSC03336.jpg
Posted By: Miken Re: Buick Sign - Wed Nov 08 2017 11:54 PM
Thanks for the help posting my pics. . I"m almost 100% sure this a Andy Rooney sign thats been beat up. Unfortunately she can't take it back because all sales were final
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Buick Sign - Thu Nov 09 2017 12:13 AM
I've never seen anything authentic from Buick in this size and design. I think your gut feeling about this being a repro that was "aged" is most likely correct. What a shame to have it represented to your friend as something "real". I suppose the person at the antique store wasn't specific as to "real what".
Posted By: Tankar Re: Buick Sign - Thu Nov 09 2017 12:14 AM
Yes it's fake.
Posted By: Miken Re: Buick Sign - Thu Nov 09 2017 12:54 AM
Two days ago she went in this store and sent me a pic of the sign and a old coke machine. I told her then don't buy that sign. I don't think its real. But the coke machine is cool. I told her to many repo out there being sold as real and I don't buy signs anymore cuz of that. Well today at lunch she said I have something for you. And its thats sign. The guy told her it was real.
Posted By: Oldgas Moderator Re: Buick Sign - Thu Nov 09 2017 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By Miken
I followed those steps and nothing is loading. Says I have two files in the file manager. Hit done adding. Clicked preview nothing shows up.

Uploaded images using File Manager never show in Preview mode. It says that in the instructions. Just submit the post and the number of images in the File Manager will display in your message. try it out in the "Testing Area" forum.
Posted By: Miken Re: Buick Sign - Thu Nov 09 2017 11:46 AM
Ok Thank you.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk