Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: denismc TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Wed Nov 15 2017 08:24 PM
good day all, i have a 2 part sign and an antifreeze gallon tin with the TCP emblem shaped like a tent.
the sign says Thompson Products, the tin shows TCP , with the 3 names as in the title. Can't find anything on either.
can anyone help?
thanks, Denis
Posted By: Johnay Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Thu Nov 16 2017 12:53 PM
Last year I seen a TCP catalog for sale so I think they were like a UAP/NAPA maybe. I've seen the antifreeze can but not the sign before. Could you post a picture of it?
Posted By: coopersplace Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Fri Nov 17 2017 01:28 AM
Taylor, Pearson and Carson is a very old Edmonton supply company of radio/tv and automotive parts and equipment along with machine shop and engine rebuilding. Taylor and Pearson appears in my oldest Edmonton phone book of 1932 so they could have been around even earlier. In my 1958 TPC catalogue it lists over two dozen branches in Alberta and British Columbia. The only cans with the logo on them that I have seen are the antifreeze ones with the quarts and the 4 oz. de-icer being quite scarce. Thompson Products is a very old US manufacturing company renown for its automotive and airplane valves. See TRW, Inc.: https://case.edu/ech/articles/t/trw-inc/

Description: Cans and catalogue.
Attached picture tpc.jpg
Posted By: muntzman Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Fri Nov 17 2017 01:36 AM
As usual Don great grouping!
Posted By: coopersplace Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Fri Nov 17 2017 01:49 AM
Thanks Peter, funny thing is that they are in 5 different places in the house. Hopefully they can all be together in the new garage.
Posted By: denismc Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Thu Jan 18 2018 03:42 PM
Thanks Mr Cooper, great display. Denis
Posted By: denismc Re: TCP Taylor Carson and Pearson - Thu Jan 18 2018 03:49 PM
My mistake, the sign is from Thompson not TCP. It happens to have a teepee drawing on it too.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk