Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: RedHat Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Wed Dec 06 2017 10:19 PM
Picked up this ad glass over the weekend and hadn’t heard of the company previously. Research pulled up one photo of a station and some info about a suit/countersuit against Sun Oil Co that took place in the 1950s in the Atlantic City court system (NJ). I would assume it’s a small independent NJ company from this info, but beyond that I know nothing about the company nor can I find squat on google or from previous forum posts. Any info, pictures of stations and items (cans, maps, signs) etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attached picture 5D498047-7DE2-4C75-ABAD-6CAD31B751B2.jpeg
Attached picture D67C9EDF-F128-4900-83BD-7487C17B609C.jpeg
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Thu Dec 07 2017 09:36 AM
As soon as Wayne Henderson sees this post he will tell you all about this company.

JACK SIM
Posted By: RedHat Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Thu Dec 07 2017 06:13 PM
Much appreciated, Jack. I look forward to hearing about it.
Posted By: RedHat Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Wed Feb 07 2018 09:58 PM
Acquired the ad glass’s counterpart, still looking for ANY info or photos of the company. Thank you!

Attached picture 38862E92-A54A-4EEE-9BD8-24EDFC7D4F3E.jpeg
Posted By: RedHat Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Mon Apr 30 2018 09:19 PM
Still hoping someone can throw me a bone, no information turned up at all.
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Wed May 02 2018 12:31 AM
Don't have any info, but I remember there was a Garden State gas station on Delsea Dr in Vineland NJ back in the 70's. Got gas there many times.
Posted By: RedHat Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Sat May 05 2018 04:13 AM
I appreciate the post, that’s more info than anyone has been able to lend. Do you happen to remember anything about the pumps, products, station or signage? Ive got nothing to go on besides the ad glass and photo, so any piece of info, no matter how small, will really help me out. Thank you
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Mon May 07 2018 11:56 AM
I don't remember what kind of pumps they used, I was a teenager back then & wasn't paying attention to that kind of stuff. The layout was similar to your pic, just one single island, although not as long as yours. I think there were 2 or 3 pumps and an oil cabinet. If I remember correctly, the shape of the big sign out front was very similar, if not the same, shape as the one in your picture. I think the letters were black, and the body of the sign was white. I did an internet search and couldn't come up with anything on this particular gas station.
Posted By: RedHat Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Sat May 12 2018 08:36 PM
Awesome to hear a firsthand experience, thank you for taking the time to share. Have a good one!
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Info on Garden State Oil Co. - Sat Jun 02 2018 11:08 AM
Redhat, a few days ago a buddy of mine was asking me about my gas pumps, and he mentioned remembering 2 Garden State gas stations when he was growing up. One was on Rt 130 in Deepwater NJ, and the other on Rt 49 in Pennsville NJ. I know it's not much, but it's 2 more known to exist.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk