Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Savinsam Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 01:07 PM
It's been many years since I'v been to Hershey Fall show, but I keep in touch with those that do go regularly. I'm told that most prices were out of reason and a lot of items didn't sell because of it. How do you other attenders evaluate this year's show? Appears to me that Face book prices are getting out of hand also. Is all okay in the hobby?
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 01:31 PM
I thought most prices were high but did manage to buy 4 items that were quite reasonable left Thursday because of the weather so do not know how Friday was
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 01:54 PM
I bought more this year than I've ever bought before.....great assortment of items....more vendors offering petroliana and automobilia than in past years IMO
Posted By: hotcidr Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 05:53 PM
did anyone take pictures at Hershey
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 09:26 PM
The signs that we sold were in the middle to higher price range. I had a nice, un-restored pedestal air meter asking $1450. and had no interest at all? Sold some high end pumps and bought some good stuff too. It was a great show for us. We did very well on the day it poured all day long. Sales were brisk as a lot of vendors refused to open for fear of water? Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Jhaas63 Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Wed Oct 17 2018 10:10 PM
If anyone has photos of the event..I would to see them. I have never been!
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 02:04 AM
I missed a nice original Wayne 60 on Wednesday morning for $750! No rot, good base, original deco globe holder, that was a nice pump and a steal!

We found some good items cheap too, just gotta walk it all. I loved every mile of it. We walked 16 miles in 2 days!

Here's just a few pics. I took, I was too busy walking and looking. The Bennett was a "dual dispensing" or "dual product" with a hand crank option too.

Attached picture IMG_0145.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0146.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0151.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0148.JPG
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 02:27 AM
Few more...

Attached picture IMG_0147.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0152.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0159.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0153.JPG
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 02:30 AM
More...

Attached picture IMG_0154.JPG
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 02:50 AM
That globe has NAFTA on it. The third frame has a Texaco/Mobil sign that has been subject of discussion of what it (NAFTA) meant. I am not aware that there was a conclusion. Can anyone tell me what that meant back in the day?
Looks like there were some nice pumps for sale.
Posted By: gdubya Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 05:42 AM
Sweet 36!
Posted By: Wrench man Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 12:58 PM
Does anyone happen to know the price on the Coke Cola Fountain Service sign?
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 01:38 PM
First year (I've been going every year since 1974) that I spent my budget in the first hour at the show. Picked up a Southwest 30 and Rapidayton 1420. Prices were all over from very reasonable to absolutely ridiculous. Good stuff sold quickly. Best part of the show was meeting old friends and making new ones.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Thu Oct 18 2018 07:43 PM
great show and always a good time
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Sat Oct 20 2018 02:13 AM
That 36 was outstanding.
Posted By: poleman Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Sat Oct 20 2018 11:31 AM
THANKS MIKE for the pics,I have never been able to go Maybe someday
Posted By: Esso74 Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Fri Mar 22 2019 03:08 PM
Was my first year ever going . Been going to Carlisle last 7 years . Going to Carlisle in April 2019 with my son and cousin again on Thursday and Friday we really enjoy the shows hershey was really fun rain all day and next was freezing cold but we servived it got a few nice items like any show some stuff stupid prices others were really good deals got buy what you feel right buying and what’s in your budget Least for me. Was nice seeing the guys I’ve met over the years there to chat and meeting new people who have some great stories . History I love it . And it even more special nowing my family was a part of it until next show enjoy Pickens and searching .
Posted By: tulareone Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Sat Mar 23 2019 12:10 AM
It stands for North American Free Trade Agreement — between Canada— United States— Mexico
Posted By: speeder3 Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Sat Mar 23 2019 12:45 AM
That Standard globe is interesting. "Marca Registrada" is Spanish for "trademark" (a loose translation). "WICO" probably stands for "West India Oil Company" which became ESSO Standard Oil (Chile) S.A.C. about 1945. I doubt that this globe dates from 1984 (?) or later, therefore "NAFTA" probably doesn't stand for North American Free Trade Agreement. So far I've been unable to find another definition for this obvious acronym. Every google attempt only brings up dozens of contemporary NAFTA references. Searching the history of Standard Oil hasn't revealed anything either. I'll have to try another angle.
Posted By: Smoketree Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Sat Mar 23 2019 04:23 PM
NAFTA is Spanish for naphtha. "In a refinery, light naphtha is often blended directly into gasoline. However, its low octane and relatively high vapor pressure typically limit it to 5% or less of the gasoline pool."
Posted By: Esso74 Re: Hershey results - anything sell reasonable? - Tue Mar 26 2019 02:04 AM
Pictures from hershey 2018. ( fall )

Attached picture 073EF7E3-1EF0-4984-82F9-EC75F122B948.jpeg
Attached picture EC624A2B-02C6-47F8-8307-E7F27BD093E0.jpeg
Attached picture 7AEDB522-7D7E-4535-B792-4623B49485D4.jpeg
Attached picture 9407E0B0-D5DB-487B-BFA2-3E1D693937EE.jpeg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk