Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: servicestationnation Another bad apple in the Bushel? Mobil - Thu Dec 27 2018 07:00 AM
I have looked and looked and I can't find another sign like this. I have even real the entire 12 pages!! of the 2013 COTM Mobil thread but couldn't find a MOBIL REGULAR sign with "Gasoline" at the bottom. Is that the "Scarlett letter"?--The telltale sign that it is fake? It does have places where the posts "used to be" but the back is different than the "PREMIUM" version and the corner radius is different (more sharp). Any thoughts?

Attached picture IMG_3652.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3892.jpeg
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Another bad apple in the Bushel? Mobil - Thu Dec 27 2018 01:08 PM
It's an original plate.....they're aren't as many out there that say gasoline at the bottom, but it is without a doubt original.
Darin
I added a pic of my Premium version in the left of the photo.....

Attached picture Mobil Plates.jpg
Posted By: cggas Re: Another bad apple in the Bushel? Mobil - Fri Dec 28 2018 12:12 AM

Yep, 100% original, they haven’t started adding studs on the repops yet!! Chris
Posted By: gasgeezer Re: Another bad apple in the Bushel? Mobil - Fri Dec 28 2018 12:36 AM
Ive got a pair of original premiums with gasoline under them also.
Oh good! Thanks so much for your time! I appreciate it.
Posted By: r49th Re: Another bad apple in the Bushel? Mobil - Fri Dec 28 2018 03:24 PM
I have a Regular with the word gasoline at the bottom
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk