Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Kevin Shea GIlbarco AM1 1C Air Meter Help - Sun Feb 17 2019 06:54 AM
Hello newbie here!
GIlbarco AM1 1C, No Stand and probably originally mounted to a pole or wall? Missing the hose hook (I see I can purchase a replacement hook for $38). I have several questions and going to post as I go along if that is ok?

Work done so far:
I had to drill and extract out a broker petcock dump-valve. I retapped the NPT threads 1/2” and I’m really happy how well this repair came out! laugh I also retapped the 3/8” opening -just mainly to clean up the dirty threads! I put in a brass reducer from the 3/8” in the case threads out to a 1/2”. I put an air coupler in but final configuration will most likely be a solid attached air line?????

I have both those valves figured out for now. (I think?)

Here is where I have a question or two and have the compressor 7/16” ??? Inside copper line compression fitting that needs to be attached. Since I do not know how this was intended to be? I’m not sure the case originally has threads or just a pass through to the outside to the shop air compressor line? It is possible the case had a fitting threaded but i cannot tell? Looking for someone who has the same air meter. (There are Plenty of photos of the outside taken of this model air meter but hardly any inside meter photos on internet?)
First question is...
1) How was this air meter installed from the copper fitting inside and out through the “bulkhead”’ of the case and attached to the air compressor line? What hardware was used?

Background:
My brother gave me this air meter about 25 years ago and back then, all I did to it was repaint it and otherwise it was it was in storage.
I would like to “gift” this back to him for his muscle car collection and actually get this air meter working again vs. a static display.

I’m in the process of installing this to an air compressor for some testing and understanding how this functions, but have several questions already! I have pictures and will attempt to post to this thread and see if I can post all of my photos of this air meter.

Description: How is this connected?
Attached picture 440964F5-D5A8-4340-81A9-0D748D2D5B15.jpeg
Attached picture 15D70A24-22F3-4773-B28B-28783DA61925.jpeg
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: GIlbarco AM1 1C Air Meter Help - Sun Feb 17 2019 02:19 PM
Parts breakdown runs $4 plus postage.
Ron
Posted By: Kevin Shea Re: GIlbarco AM1 1C Air Meter Help - Mon Feb 18 2019 02:18 AM
Thanks Ron...
Emailing now.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk