Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: old dog Veederoot outa sync. - Sun Mar 10 2019 01:47 AM
I have never torn into or rebuilt a veederoot. I do not need them to totally work because my pumps are not working pumps any longer. I clean them up and lube them to where they turn and reset. I have one I cleaned up , it turns free and easily. I hooked a drill to the yoke on the underside, it calculates fine, When it's turned and reset, everything goes to zero except one set of gallon wheels. They reset to 77 0/10. Am I going to have to take the veederoot apart , or is there a simple way to get those wheels back in sync? Thanks , Mike.
Posted By: Morgan Re: Veederoot outa sync. - Sun Mar 10 2019 01:53 AM
Timing those things is a bit tedious. Good luck.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Veederoot outa sync. - Sun Mar 10 2019 12:00 PM
If your right wheel (10th) comes back to zero everytime it can't be out of sync. The problem has to be in the other 2 wheels. It's either the pinion wheels or a stuck reset lever inside the wheel. That's my best guess without laying my hands on it. If you can't figure it out get in contact with me and I walk you thru it.

Tom.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Veederoot outa sync. - Sun Mar 10 2019 05:53 PM
A little story. Years ago PMP who was a rebuilder of air meters and V/Rs invited me to come up Connecticut to clean out a large room of old air meter parts they didn't want. On one side of a large room was a section were people were rebuilding VRs. I asked them to please show me how they reassembled the meter and bring it back to three 000s. A woman was doing the reassembling, she said "this goes here, this goes there, etc. then when I turn this, all the numbers will come back to 000. Well, they didn't, and that was the time I decided I would not pursue the rebuilding of VRs, I would just let the experts do them.

Jack Sim
Posted By: old dog Re: Veederoot outa sync. - Sun Mar 10 2019 06:41 PM
Thanks Tom and Jack. I turn the left wheel, it and the center wheel lock in. I turn them by hand to zero . when I turn the reset , they do not move until the 0/10's locks in with both 7's then they turn with the remaining reset cycle . The shutters open and they're back at 77 0/10's again. I might try hooking a drill to the underside and turn the whole meter to 99 9/10's gallons and see what happens? Might give you a shout sometime Tom. I'll let you know if I'm gaining on it. Thanks again
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk