Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: prowl1 Ottawa visible cylinder question - pics - Tue Jun 18 2019 08:04 PM
I recently got an Ottawa 10 gal. visible with an older restoration. I have a question about the cylinder. The pics aren't great, but would this be the correct one for this pump? The numbers are etched. It also has a "G9" etched at the very top. The reason I ask is, it appears there might have been 2 holes in the lower cylinder casting that may have been for gallon markers. Everything that I've read though seems to indicate that Ottawa's only had etched cylinders. The pump also has cylinder rods.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attached picture file1-26.jpeg
Attached picture file3-6.jpeg
Attached picture file-34.jpeg
Attached picture file2-14.jpeg
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Ottawa visible cylinder question - pics - Wed Jun 19 2019 01:39 AM
I had the same question as there were indicators in mine when I got it. The indicators were Wayne I believe, but told that the cylinder was supposed to be etched.

Attached picture Image192.jpg
Posted By: prowl1 Re: Ottawa visible cylinder question - pics - Wed Jun 19 2019 01:29 PM
Craig,
I saw the picture you posted in another post. How did they have the gallon markers attaching on the top? My jar lid doesn't have any holes or clips that the gallon markers would seat into.

Thanks,
Ryan
Posted By: powerlube Re: Ottawa visible cylinder question - pics - Wed Jun 19 2019 01:55 PM
They came with etched cylinders. No gallon markets.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Ottawa visible cylinder question - pics - Wed Jun 19 2019 02:17 PM
I think that the original cylinder was gone and they had to make up something that would work. Just my thoughts.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk