Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: crxnug My new 97 eco meter - Mon Jul 01 2019 09:45 PM
Just picked up this eco meter 97 from a friend, he saw it at a swap meet and got it at a decent price, It was restored, he had one already so sold this to me at his cost, only thing he installed was a main valve overhaul, light kit and diaphragm looks to be all original ant great condition , please note pics were before the interior overhaul as it was leaking, Happy to add it to my small but growing collection, this hobby is addicting[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crxnug Re: My new 97 eco meter - Mon Jul 01 2019 09:47 PM
also was this a original color choice
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: My new 97 eco meter - Tue Jul 02 2019 11:35 AM
No.
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: My new 97 eco meter - Tue Jul 02 2019 06:14 PM
your main valve is missing and other parts are incorrect but if the price was right that's a great piece to have
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: My new 97 eco meter - Fri Jul 05 2019 03:59 AM
I have restored over 550 of these meters. I also have a great deal of literature for the 90 Series meters and none of the literature mentions anything about the chrome on the front of the meter being held on by screws. It is my belief this was done by a repair man or a company in Canada that rebuilt these meters. Doing this made it easier to access the mechanism on the inside. Repairmen wanted to find a way to rebuild or repair these meters as quick as possible. This same reasoning is why the bottom plate on the Model 97 is always missing, it didn't serve anything other than making the meter look nicer, so they just didn't bother putting them back on the meter, the same can be said for the inside cover on the back of the mechanism.

If you would like to know a little more about these meters check out this section of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco%2090%20parts.htm

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk